ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing student visa to FLR(M)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xyzpaul
Newly Registered

Changing student visa to FLR(M)

Post by xyzpaul » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:33 am

Here is my short story...

My non-EU girlfriend has been living with me in the UK since July07 on a student visa, which expires in April08.

We plan to get married in her home country in June08.

Before then we will apply to extend her student visa until after June, so we can return to the UK and she can re-enter using it.

We will then apply for FLR(M) so she can remain (and work) in the UK for 2 years.

Then apply for settlement visa.

Are there any problems with this plan? I'd really appreciate some advice on this. Many thanks.

Paul

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:48 pm

Will she still be studying when she comes back?

What is her home country? Wouldn't it be easier to apply for a spousal visa while overseas?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

xyzpaul
Newly Registered

Post by xyzpaul » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:25 pm

Her home country is Kyrgyzstan. We want to stay together in the UK until we get married in June, and need to extend her student visa anyway so she can continue studying. Given that, we would rather apply for an FLR(M) from the comfort of the UK than have to spend our honeymoon waiting in Almaty, Kazakhstan (there's no UK embassy in Kyrgyzstan) for a Spouse visa.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:50 pm

Then your plan sounds great.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

xyzpaul
Newly Registered

Post by xyzpaul » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:15 pm

Thanks for you help Victoria:)