ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving Abroad for 6 Months after naturalised

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Moving Abroad for 6 Months after naturalised

Post by imi99999 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:12 pm

Hi All
Not sure if that is the right forum for my inquiry, please be kind.

Context: My DAD recently passed away and My mom is in trauma and needs care in Pakistan. She is not willing to come here. I want to move to Pakistan for 6 Months Leaving in March 2017 and returning in July 2017.

Question: How can I take my 4 kids off school while still retaining their places in the school for the time when I return back. I will be doing home schooling during these 6 months.

Kids Year 9, Year 8, Year 4, Year 1

Any Advice please?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Moving Abroad for 6 Months after naturalised

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:17 pm

This is something you have to discuss with the school and the local education authority - nothing to do with naturalisation.
Perhaps start here? https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -education
Last edited by alterhase58 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:18 pm

You can 'hold their place' if you leave the UK for such a long time. You will have to restart the school entry place when you return. In 6 months time it is the end of the school year anyway. Year 8 and Year 9 are quite important years too.

Assume your kids have either ILR or citizenship??

You will also have to stop claiming any benefits (child benefit, tax credits) if you are leaving for so long.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:27 pm

CR001 wrote:You can 'hold their place' if you leave the UK for such a long time. You will have to restart the school entry place when you return. In 6 months time it is the end of the school year anyway. Year 8 and Year 9 are quite important years too.

Assume your kids have either ILR or citizenship??

You will also have to stop claiming any benefits (child benefit, tax credits) if you are leaving for so long.
Thank You CR001

They had ILR in Nov 2016 and Applied for MN1 in 12/12/2016 and expecting outcome and passports in end of Feb 2017.
Once I have the passports then I can go

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:33 pm

I'm sorry for your loss.

You're correct that this isn't really an immigration issue. However, it's not simply the issue of retaining your children's place in the school on their return.

In order to avoid a financial penalty (a fine), you will have to complete the exceptional circumstances form requesting leave of absence during term time together with any supporting evidence of why they must travel with you.

Speak to the Head of your children's school.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:50 pm

Casa wrote:I'm sorry for your loss.

You're correct that this isn't really an immigration issue. However, it's not simply the issue of retaining your children's place in the school on their return.

In order to avoid a financial penalty (a fine), you will have to complete the exceptional circumstances form requesting leave of absence during term time together with any supporting evidence of why they must travel with you.

Speak to the Head of your children's school.
Thank you for your advice,

Yes I will speak to Head Teacher, I wouldn't do it right now but I will when I have passports of my kids in hand.