ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR & working in the UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drewchad

FLR & working in the UK

Post by drewchad » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:55 pm

I am currently on a working holiday visa which is coming to an end, I have a HSMV application pending with the HO. I will need to send my passport off & potentially be without this for 6 months (or however long). I know I am legally allowed to work, per the terms of my WHV, but how can I prove this to potential employers? Will I receive some form of acknowledgment from the HO on sending in the FLR application?

Has anyone else been in this situation? Would agencies put me forward for jobs with such an uncertain visa?

Any help appreciated.

EJ

Post by EJ » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:50 pm

Hi,

You should receive a letter from the HO confirming they received your application within a week of applying. I suppose if you have a photocopy of your WHV (maybe get is certified) and you have the acknowledgement of receipt from the HO you should be legally allowed to work.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:53 pm

EJ wrote:Hi,

You should receive a letter from the HO confirming they received your application within a week of applying. I suppose if you have a photocopy of your WHV (maybe get is certified) and you have the acknowledgement of receipt from the HO you should be legally allowed to work.
You will get an acknowledgement of receipt when you submit HSMP application only from Dec 2004 onwards. Currently no acknowledgement of receipt is giving.

EJ

Post by EJ » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:56 pm

I submitted my FLR (IED) last Wednesday and received an acknowledgement of receipt yesterday.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:03 pm

You are right. I misread the original post to be for HSMP acknowledgement which they dont do at present. They do respond with an acknowledgement for FLR(IED)