ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

12 months of ILR, anniversary date, or 1 day after?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dantean

12 months of ILR, anniversary date, or 1 day after?

Post by Dantean » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:12 pm

To apply for citizenship after ILR, one must have ILR for 12 months. Can one apply on the anniversary date of receiving ILR, or must it be one day after?

I thought I read this on the forum somewhere before, but now I can't find it.

For example, if ILR is granted 2 March 2016, can the application for naturalisation be submitted on 2 March 2017, or is the earliest day to submit 3 March 2017?

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: 12 months of ILR, anniversary date, or 1 day after?

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:44 pm

Technically you can apply on 2nd March. But NCS will suggest to apply on 3rd March. If NCS happy to take your application you can apply on 2nd March.

Regards,
suresh

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:33 am

Also, make sure the date you apply, going a year back back you must have been present physically in the country.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:11 am

Sheffield_Marketeer wrote:Also, make sure the date you apply, going a year back back you must have been present physically in the country.
It is not a 'year back'. There is no requirement to be physically present 12 months prior to applying. A person has to have been physically present 5 years back, at the start of the qualifying period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:41 am

CR001 wrote:
Sheffield_Marketeer wrote:Also, make sure the date you apply, going a year back back you must have been present physically in the country.
It is not a 'year back'. There is no requirement to be physically present 12 months prior to applying. A person has to have been physically present 5 years back, at the start of the qualifying period.
Thank you for pointing this out. I genuinely thought it was a year back. Good to know the right piece of info.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:47 am

Sheffield_Marketeer wrote:Thank you for pointing this out. I genuinely thought it was a year back. Good to know the right piece of info.
5 years back under section 6(1);
3 years back for a s.6(2) play.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.