ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HI

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mariam
Newly Registered

HI

Post by mariam » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:26 am

I am very happy to find this site, i am sure it will be of great help to me and to my community at large.
My sister came in UK 2003.by then she was under 18. the HO refused her case in 2004.she was in collage by then but after the refusal she had to stop her education. and she has not received any benefit since then.
In 2005 she met an english guy and they have been togther since,infact they have a one year old son who already got a british passport.
My question is:
1. how can my sister get paper,puting in mind that she can't marry due to the fact that she will be told to go back to her country (congo)
2. can she be deported since the son got a british passport.
3. She would like to do a nursing course but they need to see her status.
please help.

dipco15
Newly Registered

Re: HI

Post by dipco15 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:38 am

mariam wrote:I am very happy to find this site, i am sure it will be of great help to me and to my community at large.
My sister came in UK 2003.by then she was under 18. the HO refused her case in 2004.she was in collage by then but after the refusal she had to stop her education. and she has not received any benefit since then.
In 2005 she met an english guy and they have been togther since,infact they have a one year old son who already got a british passport.
My question is:
1. how can my sister get paper,puting in mind that she can't marry due to the fact that she will be told to go back to her country (congo)
please help.
Speak some sense, even a little would help.
I doubt anyone would reply you without mentioning reasons for refusal etc

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:02 am

Mariam:

1) What was her status when she entered the UK in 2003?
2)What did she apply for in 2004 that led to this refusal?
3) Why was she refused whatever she applied for in 2004?
4) Has she been married/living with her partner since 2005?

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: HI

Post by sakura » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:46 am

dipco15 wrote:
mariam wrote:I am very happy to find this site, i am sure it will be of great help to me and to my community at large.
My question is:
please help.
I doubt anyone would reply you without mentioning reasons for refusal etc
Is there any need to be rude??? So unnecessary...

Mariam...I assume you are referring to her applying for asylum (because she is from DR Congo), right? Can you answer drjabberwocky23's questions...then we can help you out a lot more.

mariam
Newly Registered

Post by mariam » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:40 pm

1) What was her status when she entered the UK in 2003?
2)What did she apply for in 2004 that led to this refusal?
3) Why was she refused whatever she applied for in 2004?
4) Has she been married/living with her partner since 2005?

An asylum seeker fron congo,they said that they don't belive her story.
They are not married,they are just living as partners.( to marry they need a cetificate of approval)

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:12 pm

Dipco (or should it be Pillock) said
Nice! We don't all have the benefit of your elevated position, applying for ILR in spite of criminal convictions. Any idea how small-minded you appear?

Mariam, unfortunately, your sister does not have protection from removal on account of her son being a UK citizen, and it is likely to be difficult for her to do a nursing course without her status being regularised.

She could try to get papers by returning to DRC and applying to come back on a spouse visa, getting married to her partner either in Africa or on getting back here. This used to be OK as long as the UK person had a job and somewhere for you all to live, but has become more difficult lately.

Another option would be to make a fresh claim for asylum, for which she would need to produce new evidence about her situation if she was forced to go back. It has to be strong evidence not available at the time which could make a realistic difference to the outcome, for example evidence of changed circumstances in the country. This is not straightforward.

A third option is just to hang on. The Home Office is reviewing all the old cases at the moment with a view to giving papers to those who cannot reasonably be removed, but removing all those who can be sent back. Factors which may affect whether someone can be removed include whether their identity and nationality is clear, like did they come with their own passport.

Your sister should look for professional guidance. Don't be afraid of approaching law centres, solicitors, etc, they must keep all information you give confidential.
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.