ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A few more questions [Referees + JCAP]

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

applicant_tom
Newly Registered

A few more questions [Referees + JCAP]

Post by applicant_tom » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:18 pm

hi forum members,

I hope everyone is doing fine! Two more questions, that someone will hopefully be able to help me out with:

1. Both of my referees represent the same company I work for. They are both directors and know me for more than 6 years now. I guess that's not a problem if I have both referees from the same work-place? Would that matter ? They are definitely not related :)

2. JCAP - can anyone explain the process a bit more ? So I have a passport form that I received at a local post office. I take it with me to NCS - will NCS send that form together with the AN form or how does that work ? I'm only asking because there are a few fields I have to left empty in that form (certificate number) and in addition to that, in section 9 i have to declare that:

'I or the person named in section 2 of this application (if different) am a British national and have not lost or given up my national status'

Obviously that's not the case until the ceremony is done, so how can I possibly sign it ? This makes sense only if NCS sends the passport form once my application receives formal approval and ceremony is done. Maybe NCS will attach a letter for the passport office with an explanation that naturalisation is in progress?

Thank you!
Tom

applicant_tom
Newly Registered

Re: A few more questions [Referees + JCAP]

Post by applicant_tom » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Bonus question:

I'm just reading through a guide that comes together with passport form. Section about photo guidance says:

'You must have one photo certified if you are applying for a first British passport (adult or child)'

Do we really need to get this done when going through JCAP?

Thanks,
Tomasz

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:08 pm

1. Both of my referees represent the same company I work for. They are both directors and know me for more than 6 years now. I guess that's not a problem if I have both referees from the same work-place? Would that matter ? They are definitely not related :)
Referees are fine as long as at least one of them is British, both are over 25 and both are of good character.
2. JCAP - can anyone explain the process a bit more ? So I have a passport form that I received at a local post office. I take it with me to NCS - will NCS send that form together with the AN form or how does that work ?

Yes, they will send both applications.
I'm only asking because there are a few fields I have to left empty in that form (certificate number) and in addition to that, in section 9 i have to declare that:

'I or the person named in section 2 of this application (if different) am a British national and have not lost or given up my national status'
You need to sign the form. Leaving certificate number blank is normal as you don't have one.
Obviously that's not the case until the ceremony is done, so how can I possibly sign it ? This makes sense only if NCS sends the passport form once my application receives formal approval and ceremony is done. Maybe NCS will attach a letter for the passport office with an explanation that naturalisation is in progress?
You need to sign the form otherwise it will be rejected. JCAP is a scheme offered by HO and HMPO through NCS who is the agent, they (HO/HMPO/NCS) know what they are doing.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LaLeLu85
Newly Registered

Post by LaLeLu85 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:33 pm

applicant_tom wrote:Bonus question:

I'm just reading through a guide that comes together with passport form. Section about photo guidance says:

'You must have one photo certified if you are applying for a first British passport (adult or child)'

Do we really need to get this done when going through JCAP?

Thanks,
Tomasz
No need to have one certified. However, make sure the two photos for the passport application are from the same sitting as the one you stick to the reference page.

Have a look on your council's website (or google NCS) - pretty much all councils offering JCAP have a section where they explain how to fill out the passport application form for this service.

applicant_tom
Newly Registered

Post by applicant_tom » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Hey,

great news! Thanks so much. Unfortunately my council doesn't provide information how to fill out the passport form but luckily other councils do and they seem to sing the same song.

Thanks again,
Tom