ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Test for UK Citizenship Application 2017

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nidalamir
Newly Registered

English Test for UK Citizenship Application 2017

Post by nidalamir » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:35 pm

Hello, in the Gov website I read the following:

"Applying for citizenship

You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

It doesn’t matter if the B1 level test you took isn’t on the current list of recognised tests. You don’t need to take another test."

I am Spanish and settled in UK in 2000, a year later got the English Advanced Certificate and the English 1st Certificate. How can I know if these were accepted at that time to find out if I need to do the English test or not?

Thanks very much in advanced for your help.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: English Test for UK Citizenship Application 2017

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:35 am

The requirement is the B1 level test - you may need to check with the provider those certificates are B1 level.
The current approved tests and test centres are here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.