ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Surcharge Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rhule815
Newly Registered

Immigration Health Surcharge Question

Post by rhule815 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:00 am

Excessive Payment of IHS..Help Needed.

I applied for entry clearance for my wife (Spousal Visa: Settlement) in Oct 2016 from Ghana. My Indefinite Leave to remain had approximately 7.5 years remaining.

During the application process, I paid £1500 IHS which at the time was too expensive for me. On checking on the GOV.UK website, I realised they used the remaining year in my ILR to charge for my wifes IHS at £200 a year.

My wife got the visa on the 09 Jan 2017 which expires in 09 Oct 2019 (i.e. 2 years10 months).

On the GOV.UK website, it says the IHS is actually based on the number of years the applicant is applying for and if the applicant gets less years than he/she applied for, he/she will be refunded.

As my wife was given 2 years 10 months, (Approximately £ 600 IHS),

1) Do I qualify for a refund of £900 or this also goes into the settlement application and as such it is not refundable.
2) Do I have to do anything, call the Home Office and ask for this refund.

I really, need Help for this issue.

Regards
George

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge Question

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:25 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.