ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rent a room in London

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ivailo Todorov
Newly Registered

Rent a room in London

Post by Ivailo Todorov » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:26 pm

Hi all,
Is it possible to find a place to live in London befor I go there (Using Internet or other kind of communication). Is there any kind of organization that can help me.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:45 pm

That would be difficult to rent out a share accomodation or a room while you are still abroad.

On what visa category are you coming to the UK? Most people book a week or two in B&Bs and find accomodation in the meantime although that can be expense starting from £25 and going upwards.

On option is maybe check out organisations like YMCA, or student accomodations etc because they do cheaper accomodations plus cater to your food needs at low prices. You can do booking on the internet and after coming here you will have the time at your disposal to look for more suitable places.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:57 am

It will be very difficult, cause in most cases they want to see you and making you sign a lease and also very important thing is that you yourself would like to see the place where you are moving into. You will be surprised by some of the standard of accommodation in London, its not all like Buckingham palace. Another way is that you cud get a friend or relative to look at a few places for you and when you get there its only a matter of looking at 2 or 3 places (that’s if they would still be available)

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:14 am

Try a hostel/hotel for the first 2 weeks.
Once you are here choose the area you want to live in and rent a room, it would be far cheaper than a house and you won;t need that many papers.
Check local papers, stores, etc for the rooms...
good luck...
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

Ivailo Todorov
Newly Registered

Post by Ivailo Todorov » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:11 pm

Hi there,
Thanks for your reply...

I will pursue a Master Degree at London Metropolitan University next term. But in order to get a visa I have to show to immigration authorities hier in Bulgaria that I have found where to live. I am going to apply for accommodation in university campuses, but they can't guarantee me a place.

Thanks

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:44 pm

Their website says they gaurentee accomodations for first time full applicants. Although this term applicants must fill in their forms before 8th August. Check for applications for the next term. Send them an email.

http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/accommodation/
accommodation@londonmet.ac.uk

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:47 pm

also them LMU to get you in touch with local accommodation providers who they deal with. otherwise explain your situation them and they will definately help you out. i know some university do guarantee accommodation to all first year overseas students cause they understand that problem. anyway good luck. ohterwise if all fails, if you have a friend or relative staying in london, ask them to write a letter for you saying that you will stay with them