ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Enquiry

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Naturalisation Enquiry

Post by UK007 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi everyone, hope all of you're doing well. As usual, few questions for you guys:

1. I received my ILR on December 2015 [10 year long residency], can I apply for naturalisation now ?

2. What documents do I need to submit ? AN form, Payment, Life in the UK test certificate, UK graduation certificate, P60s last 10 years. Is that all ?

3. As the application takes long time, I don't want to submit my original BRP or Passport, is it possible ?

Thanks a lot for your time. Any help would be highly appreciated.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation Enquiry

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:02 pm

UK007 wrote:Hi everyone, hope all of you're doing well. As usual, few questions for you guys:

1. I received my ILR on December 2015 [10 year long residency], can I apply for naturalisation now ?
Yes
2. What documents do I need to submit ? AN form, Payment, Life in the UK test certificate, UK graduation certificate, P60s last 10 years. Is that all ? Yes - plus PP/BRP, follow advice in AN Guide & Booklet

3. As the application takes long time, I don't want to submit my original BRP or Passport, is it possible ? Go via NCS at County Council or London Borough, they will check application, copy & certify your documents and return originals.

Thanks a lot for your time. Any help would be highly appreciated.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:49 pm

Thank you for your quick response. I have few more questions:

1.49: Address of tax office or tax office reference

what address should I put here ? HMRC UK ?

6.7 BRP enclosed?
6.16 Do you have a medical or physical condition which may require special arrangements for
your biometric features to be recorded?

I am applying via NCS, I should select No i guess, but what reason should I provide to explain why I'm not sending BRP ?

7.7 *I declare that, although I do not meet all of the statutory requirements for
naturalisation, I believe that, in view of the following special circumstances, the
Home Secretary should treat me as fulfilling those requirements or waive the need
in my case to fulfil them.

As I believe I meet all the requirements for naturalisation, should I just keep it blank ?

Supporting Documents, SECTION 3 Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married or in civil partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application: required for
applications made on the basis of residence in the United Kingdom: required for all applicants

Does it applies to me as I got my ILR via 10 years long residence route ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:59 pm

BRP encloed is:Yes (certified copy via NCS).

Passport is your proof of residence (non EU case).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.