ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS asking for NARIC confirmation for english language

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vin1983

NCS asking for NARIC confirmation for english language

Post by vin1983 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:01 pm

Hi

I had got my ILR on 9th june 2014 on same day appointment. Now for naturalisation, NCS is insisting on providing proof of knowledge of english again. Based on the below,

1. As per form AN1 - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1-2016.pdf

Section 1.22 page there is a very clear option to tick - I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;

2. As per AN Naturalisation booklet the requirements https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... y_2017.pdf

page 15 - If you have already satisfied the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of language and life in the UK for settlement, by applying on or after 28 October 2013, you do not have to demonstrate it again.

Should it not be simple enough to just provide the degree certificate which was used during ILR again? Any member had a similar experience and did it went fine if I just tick the option above and dont try for NARIC route?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NCS asking for NARIC confirmation for english language

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:05 pm

You don't need to submit anything but HO can ask for it if they want to see it.

You cannot submit the degree without the NARIC ELA.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vin1983

Post by vin1983 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:21 pm

Thanks a lot - so for NCS I am planning to take a printout of the guidance note and this booklet page highlighted to say this what HO is clearly saying. Hope they will agree and its ok
CR001 wrote:You don't need to submit anything but HO can ask for it if they want to see it.

vin1983

Post by vin1983 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi - just wanted to check if anyone can confirm NCS will accept as per my previous post. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:41 pm

CR001 wrote:You don't need to submit anything but HO can ask for it if they want to see it.

If you tick the box that you met the requirements for ILR after 28th October 2013, you do not need to submit it again BUT be aware that HO can and often do ask for this evidence.

NCS are just an agent, you can insist they send your application but you will have no recourse against NCS if things go wrong.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:19 pm

Sorry for jumping in but I did my degree in UK, do I still need to apply for Naric ELA?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:22 pm

Zhonor wrote:Sorry for jumping in but I did my degree in UK, do I still need to apply for Naric ELA?
No!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Zhonor wrote:Sorry for jumping in but I did my degree in UK, do I still need to apply for Naric ELA?
No!
Thanks CR001