ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel in/out when Tier 2 visa subject to curtailment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

user20170120
Newly Registered

Travel in/out when Tier 2 visa subject to curtailment

Post by user20170120 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Hello forum members,

I'm on a Tier 2 visa but recently made redundant by the company. Due to general industry trend, there is no prospect of getting another job so I can't stay here once my visa is curtailed. My employer has informed the HO of my redundancy so I expect to be told to leave at some point. My questions are,

1) Before I receive the curtailment letter, can I travel in/out of the UK using my Tier 2 visa. I guess I can, but what is the chance of getting stopped at the border and told I can't come in because the computer records show that I no longer have a job (as reported by employer/sponsor)? Is there any argument I can use to come in, as I haven't received the curtailment letter from HO telling me to leave yet?

2) After I receive the curtailment letter, which I expect will state the date I must leave the UK, typically 60 days from the date of the letter. Can I still travel in/out of the UK multiple times after I have received such a letter? In theory, my visa is still valid until T+60 days from the letter, so I can't see why travelling in/out during that 60 days period isn't allowed? Will knowledgeable members please throw your ideas?

Question 3) is based on question 2). Once I travel out of the UK for the first time after receiving that letter, and date of exit is before the 60 days deadline, will it automatically cancel my visa as the system assumes that I am leaving for good? Hence, will this cause problem on re-entry even though I'm re-entering before the T+60 deadline?

Thanks!

vinny

Re: Travel in/out when Tier 2 visa subject to curtailment

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:34 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bharatbajaj27
Newly Registered

Re: Travel in/out when Tier 2 visa subject to curtailment

Post by bharatbajaj27 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:57 pm

Hi I am in the same situation. If I leave the UK before the curtailment letter has been issued by UKVA, can I be allowed re-entry before the curtailment period ends? On the logic that I was abroad when my visa was curtailed?