ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Husband spouse visa refused.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ClaireM
Newly Registered

Help Husband spouse visa refused.

Post by ClaireM » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:40 am

I have been with my partner for 3 years I am English and he has been in this country for 8 years. He was first refused asylum in 2001 appealed in 2002 and was refused again. He got married to his ex-wife in 2004 she was from Denmark and he applied for a visa to stay as her spouse, he was granted a 6 month visa. The relationship was shaky and the ended up splitting up a year later and he finally got divorced in 2006. I met him before he married her but I already had a son and a lot of problems with my former partner and the relationship only lasted 3 months as it was just too difficult. We stayed in contact a little and when things started to go wrong he phoned me a few times and after their split up we eventually got together (my circumstances had completely changed by then). I am telling you all this to show you what the ECO saw when she refused his spouse visa. We have been planning to go to his country (Lebanon) and get married for the last year however their was a war there and then his travel document ran out and then he ws diagnosed with a cancer which needs a lot of regular treatment. Anyway finally right after Xmas we went to Lebanon and got married we aplied immediately for his Visa and it got refused. The ECO said that his 1st Marriage looked dodgy and therefore she did not think that our marriage is genuine. She also said that because I had an overdraft I could not support him She also said that he hd overstayed in between his asylum case and marriage visa to his first wife and in betweeen that and now.

We enclosed all our phone bills dated back to 2005 and highlighted the calls made to each other even the calls made to my family members by him. We enclosed many photos. We enclosed bank certificates, all my qualifications (I am a teacher) My registration at evening classes to learn arabic (his langauge) and much more.

I need to know what new evidence I can put in to the appeal, I have already got lots of offers from friends and work colleagues to write supporting letters.

aka189

Post by aka189 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:37 am

It is always better if you seek a professional advice.

Your case looks more complecated one and the appeal should not be handled by you only. Better ask a solicitors as they are familiar with this kind of cases and can give you better advice.

Better you take an appointment with an OISC registered immigration advisor and then decide if you want professional help or do the appeal by your self. But I think you should take professional advice as spouse visas are too complicated to handle by an individual.

hello_kitty

Post by hello_kitty » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:14 pm

I agree, u should look for a solicitor / immigration advisor. U cant save a little by doing this yourself. Its all about the future. My visa was refused previously and I got a professional barrister to handle my case. Finally the tree bear fruits.

But at this moment u really have to hold on to everything because even if its so heart broken. I tell u what, those ECO are sick people and they will just simply take any chances to refuse u. After I won my appeal only I knew that they arent professionals at all. They know nothing about human rights.

Therefor, an appeal with a good barrister usually we will win. At appeal court, they will send another dumb representative like those ECO again. They have nothing to ask, and those stupid question again. How u met?How u keep intouch?..bla bla..So finger cross...get professional advise

ClaireM
Newly Registered

Post by ClaireM » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:41 pm

Thanks for all your advice. I went to see a solicitor yesterday and she was very positive she said that she would fight all the points by saying that my salary enough is alone so that the bank accounts are not a problem and I have paid off my overdraft anyway. She will address the overstay by pointing out that my husband was scared to return to his country which is why he had claimed asylum in the first place. She will adress the non-genuine marriage by getting me to collect statements from friends etc., keep my plane tickets when I visit him out there, photos etc. If anyone can think of anything else that might help with the appeal I would be so greatful to hear.

Thanks