ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Promotion

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mhib
New Zealand

Promotion

Post by mhib » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:34 pm

Hi All, I am currently working g as a senior level and the company wants to promote me to a principal level as I do now have the years of experience and qualifications they look or for that level. My CoS does not specify the job title (senior), so I am wondering whether I will have to go through the fun of a new visa all over again to get the promotion? Or whether I can get away with the existing one. To some extent my role will remain the same as it is right now (same day to day task) and i will get a minor pay rise in line with the promotion and extra qualification.

Also not sure if anyone knows that yet. I am an NZ citizen, and I was wondering if there are any rumors of any post brexit changes to regulations. I am worried that if i got a new visa changes will be applied to all post brexit visas that might not be applied for the ones pre-brexit vote.

Also, one last question, have people in this forum saw a decreased willingness in companies to apply for tier 2 visas post brexit? I am slightly worried that my company can shelve the idea if they had to do one.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Promotion

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:20 pm

YOu can continue with your current visa as long as your new role as a principal is still in the same SOC code. For example from Senior Chemical Engineer to Principal Chemical Engineer. It is important that your sponsor notifies the UKVI of your promotion and salary increase. It's called change of circumstances.

I dont know how brexit affects NZ citizens. NZ is not in Europe so whatever new roles are made for European citizens post-brexit shouldnt affect non-EU citizens.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:13 am

Hello,

Im on a Tier 2 General visa. I have had a recent promotion, where the changes are typically :

> Slight increase in Salary.
> Change of designation from Senior Engineer to Principle Engineer
> Roles and duties will be same with a few more extra responsibilities
> Checking against the SOC code's description, there is no change to SOC code and current SOC code remains the Best fit.

With this change taking place, what information needs to be updated to UKBA by me and by my employer ?

Any updates by the employer should be made via SMS against my allocated COS ?

For such updates made, will there be any acknowledgement back from UKBA ?

Any help in this matter will be highly appreciated, to ensure everything is in right order before the extention is due.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:21 pm

aja wrote:Hello,

Im on a Tier 2 General visa. I have had a recent promotion, where the changes are typically :

> Slight increase in Salary.
> Change of designation from Senior Engineer to Principle Engineer
> Roles and duties will be same with a few more extra responsibilities
> Checking against the SOC code's description, there is no change to SOC code and current SOC code remains the Best fit.

With this change taking place, what information needs to be updated to UKBA by me and by my employer ?

Any updates by the employer should be made via SMS against my allocated COS ?

For such updates made, will there be any acknowledgement back from UKBA ?

Any help in this matter will be highly appreciated, to ensure everything is in right order before the extention is due.

The update will be done by your employer using the SMS.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.