ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with SET(o) form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

angeloick
Newly Registered

Help with SET(o) form

Post by angeloick » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:27 am

Morning

I am applying for ILR after completing two sets of DLR (3X2 years) and would like some help with some questions on the form

I am using my wife card for payment is that oK?

section 3 -which category

I choose ,other purposes or reason not covered by other application is that the correct category ?

section 5.5
I tick yes
because we receive
council tax reduction -housing benefit(part to help paying rent)
child benefit and child tax benefit
all those are on a joint claim and go to my wife bank account
is claiming all these will jeopardize my application? (my wife is British )

I am enclosing my pay slips 3 months
letter of employment
my BRP card
my wife and kid passport

your help will be highly appreciated

angeloick
Newly Registered

Re: Help with SET(o) form

Post by angeloick » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Please any help will be appreciated

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:14 pm

angeloick wrote:Morning

I am applying for ILR after completing two sets of DLR (3X2 years) and would like some help with some questions on the form

I am using my wife card for payment is that oK? Yes

section 3 -which category SET(O)

I choose ,other purposes or reason not covered by other application is that the correct category ?

section 5.5
I tick yes
because we receive
council tax reduction -housing benefit(part to help paying rent) Is the Local Authority aware that you have no recourse to Public Funds?
all those are on a joint claim and go to my wife bank account CB must be claimed in your wife's name only and CB in joint names.

I am enclosing my pay slips 3 months You MUST submit the most recent 6 months pay slips + the corresponding bank statements.
letter of employment
my BRP card
my wife and kid passport

What evidence of joint address over the qualifying period are you submitting?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

angeloick
Newly Registered

Post by angeloick » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:07 pm

Casa wrote:
angeloick wrote:Morning

I am using my wife card for payment is that oK? Yes

section 3 -which category SET(O)

section 5.5
I tick yes
because we receive
council tax reduction -housing benefit(part to help paying rent) Is the Local Authority aware that you have no recourse to Public Funds?
all those are on a joint claim and go to my wife bank account CB must be claimed in your wife's name only and CB in joint names.

I am enclosing my pay slips 3 months You MUST submit the most recent 6 months pay slips + the corresponding bank statements.
letter of employment
my BRP card
my wife and kid passport

What evidence of joint address over the qualifying period are you submitting?
Thank you CASA
yes I told the council but my wife has to fill a joint claim for a reduction on rent to pay calculated on the income that we have as a family (on my resident permit card the is no restriction to public funds )
I am confused now with that information
we do not qualify for council reduction (my salary is over the threshold)
Evidence of joint address over the qualifying period
some bills and tax credit awards
schools letter ,council tax payment

angeloick
Newly Registered

Post by angeloick » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:14 pm

casa

our claim of housing benefit was made under my wife ( British born)
and I thought that was not a problem for us to use public fund
please can someone give me more explanation I am bit confused
how that will affects my application for IRL

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:32 pm

Your wife was only entitled to HB at the single rate + child/children, although your earnings would have to be taken into consideration in the calculation.

I'm assuming that was done,
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

angeloick
Newly Registered

Post by angeloick » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:55 pm

Casa wrote:Your wife was only entitled to HB at the single rate + child/children, although your earnings would have to be taken into consideration in the calculation.

Thank you
yes that was done
please can someone explain to me why I can not claim on my name in future maybe when on the letter sent by the UKBA
-Entitlement
you are free to take a job and do not need the permission of any government department before doing so . you are free to use the National health service and the social services and other services provided by local authorities as you need them

That is misleading really because nowhere they are telling me that I am not entitled to claim for housing benefit
thanks everyone for their help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:16 pm

angeloick wrote:
Casa wrote:Your wife was only entitled to HB at the single rate + child/children, although your earnings would have to be taken into consideration in the calculation.

Thank you
yes that was done
please can someone explain to me why I can not claim on my name in future maybe when on the letter sent by the UKBA
-Entitlement
you are free to take a job and do not need the permission of any government department before doing so . you are free to use the National health service and the social services and other services provided by local authorities as you need them

That is misleading really because nowhere they are telling me that I am not entitled to claim for housing benefit
It refers to services and not benefits. There is a difference.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

angeloick
Newly Registered

Post by angeloick » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:24 pm

Thank YOu

I wanted to say a thank you to every person on this forum
my ILR application has been approved after 5 months I am over the moon
My last two applications have been successful with the help of this big family I am really grateful for the work and time that people put here to help other
Once again Thank You

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:00 pm

angeloick wrote:Thank YOu

I wanted to say a thank you to every person on this forum
my ILR application has been approved after 5 months I am over the moon
My last two applications have been successful with the help of this big family I am really grateful for the work and time that people put here to help other
Once again Thank You
Really pleased this has all turned out well for you.
(Casa, not CR001)

azharmahmood
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by azharmahmood » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:46 am

can you please write down the list of documents submitted with the application form...thanks

angeloick
Newly Registered

Post by angeloick » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:01 pm

azharmahmood wrote:can you please write down the list of documents submitted with the application form...thanks
I submitted SET(O) form (after 2*3 DLR)

documents were
bank statements
Employer letter
various payslips
My wife and kids ID's
utilities bills
council tax payment
our marriage certificate
tax credit award letters
Letter from my kids school

Hope that will be helpful

TounSii
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by TounSii » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:14 pm

Hi can anyone help plz
I lived in the uk illegal Since 2004 (8yrars)then I got in (2012)discretionary leave on the basis of my family and private life for a period of 6 years (2 times x 3years ) now I want to apply for the indefinite leave,I’m filling application SET(o)
Section 3 : which category? Should I tick other purposes or reason not covered???
-section 6 : immegration history question 6.1 when did you first enter the uk ?which one 2004 or 2012 should I put !!
- section 7.13 how long have you lived in the UK? Do I calculate since I was illegal or after I guaranteed a visa ?
All help appreciate thanks 🙏

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:42 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:16 pm
angeloick wrote:

Thank you
yes that was done
-Entitlement

My understanding is, as long as the person does not have the ''no recourse to public funds'' conditions on their BRP card and letter and according to the DL guidance it suggests those granted DL have recourse to public funds. Maybe there is a misunderstanding respectfully.

Also from the policy equality statement DL it explains a little clearer.

Again it isn't my intention to cause offence, if I have made a mistake please do correct me on this.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:09 am

CMOSUK wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:42 am
CR001 wrote:
angeloick wrote:

Thank you
yes that was done
-Entitlement

My understanding is, as long as the person does not have the ''no recourse to public funds'' conditions on their BRP card and letter and according to the DL guidance it suggests those granted DL have recourse to public funds. Maybe there is a misunderstanding respectfully.

Again it isn't my intention to cause offence, if I have made a mistake please do correct me on this.
Instead of posting mobile screen shots, useful if you post the official links instead. Not all DLR visa holders have recourse to public funds as far as I understand and have seen on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:24 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:09 am
CMOSUK wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:42 am
CR001 wrote:
angeloick wrote:
Thank you
yes that was done
-Entitlement

See link below

See link below

Instead of posting mobile screen shots, useful if you post the official links instead. Not all DLR visa holders have recourse to public funds as far as I understand and have seen on the forum.

You are correct not all DLR visa holders had recourse to public funds.

those that were granted before 9 July 2012 seem to come under as 'the old DLR' and they seem to have recourse to public funds.

DL Guidance page 14, section 4.3

Again on the same link there the Policy equality statement: discretionary leave and if you go to page 8 (near the bottom).

Again my understanding is, those that where granted DLR after this date where imposed the condition of the NRPF on their BRP and letter.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

TreeHugger7
South Africa

Post by TreeHugger7 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:16 pm

Cr0001,

Why 6 months bank statement and payslips ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:39 am

TreeHugger7 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:16 pm
Cr0001,

Why 6 months bank statement and payslips ?
1. Why are you tagging onto an old topic which is not relevant to your Tier 2 to ILR questions? The OP in this topic is applying based on 6 years DLR and the requirements are different in what needs to be submitted with Set(O).
Char (CR001 not Casa)