ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit with a temporary contract

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VALERIOBIANCONI
Newly Registered

EEA Family permit with a temporary contract

Post by VALERIOBIANCONI » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi,

I am Italian and I am going to get married with my Vietnamese Fiancée in Italy next week. We would then like to apply for the EEA Family permit.

I meet all the entry requirements, but for a matter of facts (I work for a multinational company and it takes quite a lot to add an extra headcount) my 1-year temporary contract has been extended for another year and, officially, I am still not a permanent even though I am a full-time permanent employee de facto. That means I am officially an external contractor with as my contract- issued by the recruitment agency- will officially expire in February 2018 (I started working at this company on February 2016) but I wish to turn into a permanent employee asap.

Having said that, my earnings will be £33,000.00 basics + OTE and I will have accrued some £14,500.00/15,000.00 in savings by the time of the application. Furthermore, my manager agreed to write a letter on a company headed-paper to explain the Immigration officer that a permanent contract will be issued asap and I am in fact an external contractor only on papers.

Do you think that me not having a permanent contract will make it a lot more difficult to get the EEA Family Visa?

Many thanks for your help and please feel free to give me advise me.

Best regards,

VIETY
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family permit with a temporary contract

Post by VIETY » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:45 pm

Hello,

You are in exactly the same situation as mine. I have just got my EEA Family Permit and got back to the UK yesterday.

Your temporary contract should not be a problem so don't worry. These are few things that you should in include in your application

- Lots of photos of 2 of you taken together and photos of the marriage (to prove that you are in a real relationship). I also included lots of wedding cards that friends and relatives sent to me

- Your bank statements + payslips in the last 6 months + your tenancy contract in UK

- You should write a cover letter detailing your relationship and your wife's plan to come to the UK

- Original marriage certificate + your Italian ID card

I have found the process to be quite straightforward though it took me lots of time to prepare the documents.

I got my Family Permit from the agency in Roma after 2 weeks

Hope this helps

VALERIOBIANCONI
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family permit with a temporary contract

Post by VALERIOBIANCONI » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:13 pm

That's really usesful, many thanks for your help!