ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Residence Card - Family members of EEA citizens

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VIETY
Newly Registered

Applying for Residence Card - Family members of EEA citizens

Post by VIETY » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:35 pm

Hello

I am new to the forum and I hope to receive some advice from other members.

’m a non-EEA spouse and my husband is an EU citizen (Italy). I have entered UK on a 6-month EEA Family Permit which will expire in mid-July 2017.

As we are planning to settle in the UK, I would like to apply for an UK Residence Card as a family member of an EEA citizen. My question is can I apply RC straight tomorrow or I will have to wait till July when my current family permit expires to apply?

Thank you very much for all your help

VietY

noajthan

Re: Applying for Residence Card - Family members of EEA citi

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:52 pm

VIETY wrote:Hello

I am new to the forum and I hope to receive some advice from other members.

’m a non-EEA spouse and my husband is an EU citizen (Italy). I have entered UK on a 6-month EEA Family Permit which will expire in mid-July 2017.

As we are planning to settle in the UK, I would like to apply for an UK Residence Card as a family member of an EEA citizen. My question is can I apply RC straight tomorrow or I will have to wait till July when my current family permit expires to apply?

Thank you very much for all your help

VietY
Welcome.

You may apply for your optional RC as soon as you have adequate documentary supporting evidence to support your case.
Could be tomorrow, or, if you have just arrived in UK, more likely to be next month.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

VIETY
Newly Registered

Post by VIETY » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:11 pm

Thank you so much for your quick response.

I would like to apply asap as I understand it will take up to 6 month for the residence card to be issued.

One more question please, I have plan to travel from UK to Italy in late July when my family permit would have been expired and I probably would not receive the Residence Card by then? On my return, will the airline in Rome allow me to board the plane with an expired family permit? Or will I have a problem with UK Border Agency at UK airport?

I will travel with my husband and of course I will bring our marriage certificate and his proof of working and confirmation that I have applied for a Residence Card.

Thank you

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:30 pm

VIETY wrote:Thank you so much for your quick response.

I would like to apply asap as I understand it will take up to 6 month for the residence card to be issued.

One more question please, I have plan to travel from UK to Italy in late July when my family permit would have been expired and I probably would not receive the Residence Card by then? On my return, will the airline in Rome allow me to board the plane with an expired family permit? Or will I have a problem with UK Border Agency at UK airport?

I will travel with my husband and of course I will bring our marriage certificate and his proof of working and confirmation that I have applied for a Residence Card.

Thank you
Depending on airline you may or may not have issues at the airport and may or may not be permitted to board the plane.
Search similar posts in forum for other members' experiences.

You should not have issues if you can make it to UK border.
The UK BF chaps will no doubt briefly question you and should enable you to enter UK as per their operating procedures;
(if you satisfy questions on status of and relationship to your sponsor).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

VIETY
Newly Registered

Post by VIETY » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:28 pm

Thank you. I have just read other members' experience when travelling with an expired family permit. It can be very tricky to travel with an expired permit indeed. I think I should find other solutions

Thanks again for your responses. It has been great help