ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application Destination: where to send it

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MrsT
Mood:
United Kingdom

Passport Application Destination: where to send it

Post by MrsT » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:58 pm

Hello,

This is probably a silly question, and if so I do apologise.

Both my sister and I applied for our passport online via the Beta application service.
After filling out the form, and printing it off as requested I noticed that on my sister the advice was to send it to the passport office in Durham, while mine was to be sent to Liverpool.

I - possibly naively - thought that it would make sense to have any passport application from the North (I live in the Northeast) sent to Durham rather than Liverpool?

I assume that they distribute the applications according to their workload - do you think this is correct? I am just wondering whether this new online service caused an error on my application?

Best regards,
Mrs T
UK residence: 2006 - PR: 2011 - PRC: 2016 - Approval: 2016 - Ceremony: 2017 - UK Spouse

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport Application Destination: where to send it

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:06 pm

No error. You should send it to where you have been advised to send it. Workload is distributed across the regions, not dependent on where you live. I live in London but mine went to Belfast.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MrsT
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Passport Application Destination: where to send it

Post by MrsT » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:17 pm

Hi CR001,

Thank you for your reply. I makes sense to send them to locations according to workload. I was just a bit confused because like I said living so close to Durham in my mind it would have made sense to send it there.

Thanks again!
Mrs T
UK residence: 2006 - PR: 2011 - PRC: 2016 - Approval: 2016 - Ceremony: 2017 - UK Spouse