ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport Application-Expired Non British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Subtle

British Passport Application-Expired Non British Passport

Post by Subtle » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Hello all

I want to start the process of British Passport application online. However I just realised that my original non-British passport that I am supposed to send with the application has been expired two months ago.

Would it be acceptable for HMPO to accept this expired (but uncancelled) original non-British passport and accept my application?

Also, could anyone tell me the best way to contact HMPO office for this enquiry if I don't get a satisfactory answer here.

Thanks
Regards
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

noajthan

Re: British Passport Application-Expired Non British Passpor

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:29 pm

Subtle wrote:Hello all

I want to start the process of British Passport application online. However I just realised that my original non-British passport that I am supposed to send with the application has been expired two months ago.

Would it be acceptable for HMPO to accept this expired (but uncancelled) original non-British passport and accept my application?

Also, could anyone tell me the best way to contact HMPO office for this enquiry if I don't get a satisfactory answer here.

Thanks
Regards
No biggie. Just send it in as it's uncancelled.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... ort-office
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.