ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investment directly from Personal account

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajaypratap11

Investment directly from Personal account

Post by ajaypratap11 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:10 am

zimba88 wrote:
rupi85 wrote:Hello respected zimba and senior members
Please advice me regarding the money i paid directly personal account. I bought machines for my business from my personal account. I have all invoices. Please make me clear it is acceptable as investment by home office ?
No it is not acceptable if you are applying via DL. As other pointed out, money must be transferred to the business first before being spent

Hi Zimba,

I have same issue regarding the investment, i have invested 25K from Personal account and the reason is i bought franchise and on that time account was not yet opened and i have to secure the territory otherwise i had to lose the territory.

can i write a cover letter for this and attached the invoices.

Please advise....

Thanks

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Re: Investment directly from Personal account

Post by Jazz2007 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:25 am

Dear Ajay,

Logically, Company has to invest not you.

As a director, You can invest into Company Business Account then to invoices or other expenses.

Even if you mention this in Cover Letter its not going to help as HO is specific about it and rely on Rules only!!!

Anyhow, Money paid to previous owner is not counted towards Investment.

Sort out this issue in TIME...

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:50 am

No. The rules do not recognize this as investment. This is normal practice in the business world but NOT ACCEPTABLE under Tier 1E rules.
You either follow the rules or fail to extend, no letter or other document gonna help you.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ajaypratap11

Post by ajaypratap11 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:50 pm

zimba88 wrote:No. The rules do not recognize this as investment. This is normal practice in the business world but NOT ACCEPTABLE under Tier 1E rules.
You either follow the rules or fail to extend, no letter or other document gonna help you.
Hi Zimba,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately i have posted my application last week but my solicitor said it should be fine.

Please advise what i need to do.

I am very worried now.

Thanks

Kind Regard's
Ajay

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:36 pm

Nothing to be done about your case if application has already been filed.

Suggest formulate a Plan B.
And if solicitor is not too familiar with whatever other visa route you may look at then suggest find one who is both qualified and experienced.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ajaypratap11

Post by ajaypratap11 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:10 am

Thank you
noajthan wrote:Nothing to be done about your case if application has already been filed.

Suggest formulate a Plan B.
And if solicitor is not too familiar with whatever other visa route you may look at then suggest find one who is both qualified and experienced.
Thank you for your advise.

Any senior member please advise!

RIYA1234
Newly Registered

Post by RIYA1234 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:20 am

According to me guidance changed on 2016. I f you see 2015 guidance there director loan definition is different from 2016. In think if you invested before Nov 2016 its acceptable from personal account as well.
2014 and 2015 guidance:
If you have made the investment in the form of a director’s loan, it must be shown in the
relevant set of accounts provided, and you must also provide a legal agreement, between
you (in the name that appears on the application) and the company.
This agreement should show:
 the terms of the loan;
 any interest that is payable;
 the period of the loan; and
 that the loan is unsecured and subordinated in favour of third-party creditors.
If it is not clear from the information provided that the loan is unsecured and subordinated
in favour of third-party creditors, we will not accept the loan for the award of points

2016 guidance:
iii. Director’s loan
If you have made the investment in the form of a director’s loan, it must be shown in both
the relevant set of financial accounts provided and through readily identifiable transactions
in the applicant’s business bank statement(s). The statement(s) must clearly show the
transfer of this money from you to your business. You must also provide a legal
agreement, between you (in the name that appears on your application for leave) and the
company.
This agreement must show:
 the terms of the loan;
 that the loan is unsecured and subordinated in favour of third-party creditors.
If it is not clear from the information provided that the loan is unsecured and subordinated
in favour of third-party creditors, we will not accept the loan for the award of points.

Please check home office site. In my initial application I invested from personal account and it was accepted. My company is limited company.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:27 pm

According to me guidance changed on 2016. I f you see 2015 guidance there director loan definition is different from 2016. In think if you invested before Nov 2016 its acceptable from personal account as well.
This is a great myth. :!: You must abide by the most recent rules when you apply unless specified otherwise.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

RIYA1234
Newly Registered

Post by RIYA1234 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:35 pm

Dear Zimba88,
I am telling from my experience that i invest from personal account in my initial application in 2013 and it was accepted.Because there is no rule saying investment should be from business acccount not from personal account. In 2016 guidance i can see in director loan they mentioned clearly , about transaction should be applicant business bank statements.

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:51 pm

HO will not accept your application and they will refuse it. Kindly check my case,

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 16563.html

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:04 pm

RIYA1234 wrote:Dear Zimba88,
I am telling from my experience that i invest from personal account in my initial application in 2013 and it was accepted.Because there is no rule saying investment should be from business acccount not from personal account. In 2016 guidance i can see in director loan they mentioned clearly , about transaction should be applicant business bank statements.
When did they accept it from you ? In 2013 ???

ajaypratap11

Post by ajaypratap11 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:01 am

awan905 wrote:HO will not accept your application and they will refuse it. Kindly check my case,

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 16563.html
Hi Awan,

I read all thread, in your case you had company B as well which you had invested 50K through your business account.

But in my case i don't have any choice to show that i have invested 50k through my business account.
I have invested 27k in company A (All from business account) and 33k in company B (25k from Personal account and rest of the 8k from Business account.

I tried to open business account before buying franchise but bank declined to open account they said first sign the franchise contract then they will open the account. so on that i did not had any choice and was worried about the territory as well.

Shall i invest more money in company B to reach 50K on safer side and will it be counted if i submit my application again.

Please advise me as per your personal experience, i know you had gone through all of this.

Many Thanks

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:03 pm

HO doesnot accept franchises or if money is going to previous buyer. In my case, i didnot show the investment of company B in first application, however in 2nd application I showed it.

It is better to inject 25k again (from personal to business account) and also start preparing for fresh application because 99% chance is this that your application will get rejected.

ajaypratap11

Post by ajaypratap11 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:19 pm

awan905 wrote:HO doesnot accept franchises or if money is going to previous buyer. In my case, i didnot show the investment of company B in first application, however in 2nd application I showed it.

It is better to inject 25k again (from personal to business account) and also start preparing for fresh application because 99% chance is this that your application will get rejected.
Hi Awan,

As per the policy guidance franchise can be accepted and on other way they mentioned money going to previous owner cannot be counted in investment but in my case i did not bought the existing business. i am first person who started franchise in that territory and no one was working before me with same company. i am the only person who started franchise business in that territory. for example if someone was running franchise previously and i bought that existing business then i understood it cannot be counted in investment.

But on safer side i will inject 25k in my company and is it mandatory to spend all the money in the business or i can keep that amount in business account?

And i am putting that amount after completing my 3 years is it problem?

Thanks for your help

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:38 pm

There would be any issue if you inject 25k after 3 years and keep the money in business bank account.
Kindly check about franchise business,because I cannt give clear guidance about this.

sskhalsa

Post by sskhalsa » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi everyone

Can period of the loan be unlimited ?

Thanks

ajaypratap11

Post by ajaypratap11 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:29 pm

zimba88 wrote:No. The rules do not recognize this as investment. This is normal practice in the business world but NOT ACCEPTABLE under Tier 1E rules.
Dear Zimba88,

As you know that i have invested 25k Franchise amount from my personal account and home office do not count that amount as investment.

If i invest 15-20k now after completing my 3 years initial visa, will this amount will be counted.

will i be able to submit application again with the new investment of 15-20k?

Please really need advise to get out from this problem.

Thanks in Advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:37 pm

Investment must be done during the initial period as per rules.

ajaypratap11

Post by ajaypratap11 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:06 pm

RIYA1234 wrote:According to me guidance changed on 2016. I f you see 2015 guidance there director loan definition is different from 2016. In think if you invested before Nov 2016 its acceptable from personal account as well.
2014 and 2015 guidance:
If you have made the investment in the form of a director’s loan, it must be shown in the
relevant set of accounts provided, and you must also provide a legal agreement, between
you (in the name that appears on the application) and the company.
This agreement should show:
 the terms of the loan;
in favour of third-party creditors, we will not accept the loan for the award of points

2016 guidance:
iii. Director’s loan
If you have made the investment in the form of a director’s loan, it must be shown in both
the relevant set of financial accounts provided and through readily identifiable transactions
in the applicant’s business bank statement(s). The statement(s) must clearly show the
transfer of this money from you to your business. You must also provide a legal
agreement, between you (in the name that appears on your application for leave) and the
company.
This agreement must show:
 the terms of the loan;
in favour of third-party creditors, we will not accept the loan for the award of points.

Please check home office site. In my initial application I invested from personal account and it was accepted. My company is limited company.
Hi RIYA1234,

Yes i have invested before Nov 2016.

Where can i find the old policy guidance 2014-2015?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:19 pm

Please read carefully :!: :!:
You MUST comply with the most recent rules and guidance when you apply UNLESS otherwise stated. You will risk being refused an extension of leave or fail to comply with your visa requirements if you follow any old guide/rules :!:

ajaypratap11

Post by ajaypratap11 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:39 pm

zimba88 wrote:Please read carefully :!: :!:
You MUST comply with the most recent rules and guidance when you apply UNLESS otherwise stated. You will risk being refused an extension of leave or fail to comply with your visa requirements if you follow any old guide/rules :!:
Hi Zimba,

I understand your point but in this situation i have no option.

And if some one had invested and in old policy guide nothing was mentioned like you have to pay from business account or personal account. Then i think i can mention in admin review

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:46 pm

Some changes do come with a transitional arrangement.
If there's no transitional arrangement for a particular change then its going to be no dice.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:03 pm

sskhalsa wrote:Hi everyone

Can period of the loan be unlimited ?

Thanks
It can be but point is with this term, does your DL agreement's profile look any better??? No, in my opinion.

ajaypratap11

Urgent Help!

Post by ajaypratap11 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:37 am

Hi,

Today i have received letter from Home office that they have not received my Biometric Card and they mentioned to send BRP with in 10 days otherwise application will be invalid.

But i submitted my Biometric along with my Passport and Application.

Please advise Senior Guru...

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:04 pm

Please contact UKVI and inform them of this.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi/visas-and-settlement