ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirement query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jardon7
Newly Registered

Financial requirement query

Post by jardon7 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:41 am

I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm starting to fret.

I am currently on a UK spouse visa. This expires early next year. My husband earns £22000 per year and has done (with the same employer) for two years. We own a home. I paid the deposit and the mortgage is in my partners name.
In regards to the eligibility criteria. Is my partner's salary enough or do I need to include my own financial records?
I am not employed but have £20000+ in savings.
Assuming we fill out the forms correctly, provide certified bank statements, salary slips, etc, and this financial situation (partners salary and my savings) remains the same on application, is there any chance I could be refused on the ground of not meeting the minimum income threshold?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Financial requirement query

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:09 am

No you won't be refused for not earning the required income threshold as long as your sponsor (settled partner) is earning enough income and if you wish then can add your £16000+ savings.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:42 pm

You only need to show income of £18,600 p.a
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jardon7
Newly Registered

Post by jardon7 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:10 am

seagul wrote:No you won't be refused for not earning the required income threshold as long as your sponsor (settled partner) is earning enough income and if you wish then can add your £16000+ savings.
Casa wrote:You only need to show income of £18,600 p.a
Thanks very much for the response guys. I really appreciate you taking the time to allay my fears. So I can omit my own financial records from the application? I was worried that my own unemployment might provoke questions regarding my own finances.