ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Cermony Booking

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

atik

Citizenship Cermony Booking

Post by atik » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi,

My citizenship application got approved on 16/01/2017 and received invitation letter from Home Office to book cermony. when I call council today they say that they cant see home office ref/my details on thier system.

My question is how long it will take to send informaton to council from home office?

How to contact the home office about this problem? Or how to resolve this please?

Is any one faced similar problem? Thanks

atik

Re: Citizenship Cermony Booking

Post by atik » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:30 am

Hello Seniors,

Can you give any advise on this please? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:48 am

Suggest contact the council listed in your invitation letter again in a couple of days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tiredoftiers

Post by tiredoftiers » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:56 am

if you read the decision letter from Home office it normally states that keep few days in the middle before you call the local council they send your certificate to, this time allows homeoffice to send certificate and council to receive as well as council updates their system with your information that they receive from Homeoffice.

you should
Phone(number should be on Homeoffice letter) council today again (telling them that you only have 21 days within you have to have a booking in place)
Read the information book a ceremony onto your council's website and actions to take in your case.

my brother the other day received his approval letter he phoned council on a next day and just a day after he had attended his ceremony(private). every council have different but similar procedures in place that they follow, try both of options I wrote for you above hope you get it booked today or lately by Monday

atik

Post by atik » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:13 pm

Thank you very much both CR001 & tiredoftiers for inputs. I will call them again today to see my luck if not later...

atik

Post by atik » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:43 pm

Thanks - Ceremony is booked for 08-Feb-2017...