ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive Sickness Insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kenna
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Comprehensive Sickness Insurance

Post by kenna » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:46 pm

Hello everyone,

i would appreciate it if anyone could answer this question.

My wife is an EU citizen and i am a Non EU citizen , we got married in January 2012 ,both of us were working full time ,I applied for and got a 5 year Leave to Remain in August 2012.

In September 2016 i stopped working full time and began an undergraduate degree course which i will complete in 2019, my wife, an EU citizen still works full time. She applied for and got her Permanent Residency back in November 2016.

I will be apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain in April this year by then my wife would have been working full time for over 5 years.

My question is do i need a Comprehensive Sickness Insurance when applying for my Indefinite Leave to Remain ?

Thanks in advance

Ken
Last edited by kenna on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noajthan

Re: Comprehensive Sickness Insurance

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:50 pm

kenna wrote:Hello everyone,

i would appreciate it if anyone could answer this question.

My wife is an EU citizen and i am a Non EU citizen , we got married in January 2012 ,both of us were working full time ,I applied for and got a 5 year Leave to Remain in August 2012.

In September 2016 i stopped working full time and began an undergraduate degree course which i will complete in 2019, my wife, an EU citizen still works full time.

I will be apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain in April this year by then my wife would have been working full time for over 5 years.

My question is do i need a Comprehensive Sickness Insurance when applying for my Indefinite Leave to Remain ?

Thanks in advance

Ken
Welcome (back).

Are you sure you have 'leave to remain' or do you actually mean you have an EU FM RC (as sponsored by your Union citizen spouse)?

On EU route there's no ILR, one acquires PR.

Your activity is immaterial (however interesting and rewarding) and you don't need CSI; its all about your spouse/sponsor (and she is evidently not a student).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

kenna
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kenna » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:01 pm

Hi ,

Thank you very much for the prompt response, is the amount of money she earns taken into consideration ? although she works full time she earns minimum wage.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:05 pm

kenna wrote:Hi ,

Thank you very much for the prompt response, is the amount of money she earns taken into consideration ? although she works full time she earns minimum wage.
Moving to EEA forum.

Well, above and beyond the cleaner, purer EU law which only speaks of genuine and effective work, UK imposes its somewhat controversial (and non-EU compliant, non-EU friendly) MET (test):
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/using-m ... ne-worker/
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.