ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wk Perm Dependent to HSMP - Impact on ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Abhi
Newly Registered

Wk Perm Dependent to HSMP - Impact on ILR

Post by Abhi » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:31 pm

Hi,
I am currently on a wk perm dependent visa (wife is on a NHS wk permit) and have been working and living in the UK for the last 2.5 yrs.
I recently applied for HSMP and my application has been successful. I now need to forward the docs for FLR. My wife would be switching to HSMP dependent visa.

My question is given the above scenario would I be eleigble for Indef Leave to remain at the end of the 5th year (in another 2.5 years), or does the 5 yr period start once HSMP FLR has been granted?

Thanks, Abhi

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: Wk Perm Dependent to HSMP - Impact on ILR

Post by olisun » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:58 pm

Abhi wrote:My question is given the above scenario would I be eleigble for Indef Leave to remain at the end of the 5th year (in another 2.5 years), or does the 5 yr period start once HSMP FLR has been granted?
Unfortunately your 5yrs starts all over again after the HSMP FLR and your wife will also loose her 2.5 yrs if she switches as your dependant...