ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application and driving offences

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lena81
Newly Registered

Citizenship application and driving offences

Post by Lena81 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:35 pm

Hello,

I was about to apply for British citizenship. However, I was recently fought speeding. Once in Aug 2016 whereupon I completed speeding awareness course.Another time just a couple of weeks ago. Still waiting for a confirmation but I am likely to receive 3 points and fixed penalty. On both occasions I was speeding 35/36 mph in a 30 zone.l also attended a speeding awareness course I think in Oct2012 and I was handed a fine for driving without seatbelt but no points in 2013. How likely is it that my application would be rejected on good character grounds? Any experiences? The guidance only states that one could be rejected for "numerous" minor offences which could constitute a pattern. But what does " numerous" actually mean?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship application and driving offences

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:55 pm

Numerous = a number of
Which unfortunately is what you appear to have. :|
When assessing the good character rule the case worker will be considering whether you are a repeat offender.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Lena81
Newly Registered

Post by Lena81 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:58 pm

Hi,
Yes I know numerous=a number of,however, there seems to be ambiguity at least amongst online community as two whether drivers awareness courses are considered as no points given and they are not convictions. Plus there are different views about timelines taken into consideration as any points after 3 years are spent. That wouldn't apply to my most recent speeding fines so I guess I am desperately looking for a confirmation that there is a chance :D

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:29 pm

As good character is weighed up on balance of probabilities, and without someone on the inside, its almost impossible to say.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.