ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got job offer, need some input

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmppune

Got job offer, need some input

Post by hsmppune » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:34 pm

Hi Forum,

I just got an offer from a consultant for a contract job in UK office of an India based services firm.

They want me to join on an urgent basis. Before considering their offer I need to know a couple of things:

1) Feedback on this consultancy , is there some forum I can get this feedback on?
2) Input on the rates being offered. I am a C++ developer with 5.5 years of experience. What hourly/daily rates should I expect from the company for my profile?

Please note that the requirement is quite urgent, so I might be in the driving seat.:).

3) Thirdly, since I will be leaving in a frenzy, what all essentials should I take care of while moving to the UK?

I am wary of putting details on a public forum, but can PM if someone can provide inputs after hearing specifics, do let me know.

Thanks in anticipation.
hsmppune

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Got job offer, need some input

Post by gotcha » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:45 am

hsmppune wrote:Hi Forum,
1) Feedback on this consultancy , is there some forum I can get this feedback on?
No idea. Probably, you can google it.
hsmppune wrote: 2) Input on the rates being offered. I am a C++ developer with 5.5 years of experience. What hourly/daily rates should I expect from the company for my profile?
Again, you can google it. As I'm in permanent job, I dont have idea. But, again it changes with location of job. But I heard it ranges from £ 300 onwords for London.
hsmppune wrote:
Please note that the requirement is quite urgent, so I might be in the driving seat.:).
I advice, don't consider yourself in driving seat. Take this opportunity to get in UK. Because, this way you will save your lot of efforts.

hsmppune wrote:
3) Thirdly, since I will be leaving in a frenzy, what all essentials should I take care of while moving to the UK?
1. Forex
2. Some medicines(cough syrups etc)
3. don't bother to buy warm clothes, you will get cheaper here and of good quality. Just take a pair of them for initial shopping here.

Otherwise, you will get majority of stuff you needs here.

shakirpa2002

Post by shakirpa2002 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:19 am

Hi Forum

I got an offer from a consultancy Allied Solutions group Inc from india, they are asking for 50K INR now and will return once i am in UK, It is in telecom Domain.

Can any body poin out the whether they are Genuine...

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:36 pm

Why they want Money from you??Sounds fishy...

ThirdWorldTraveller
Member of Standing

Post by ThirdWorldTraveller » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:34 pm

shakirpa2002 wrote:Hi Forum

I got an offer from a consultancy Allied Solutions group Inc from india, they are asking for 50K INR now and will return once i am in UK, It is in telecom Domain.

JUST DO NOT GIVE ANY MONEY..ITS DEFINITELY A FRAUD.

You save your 50k. Get in UK, stay in somewhere dirt cheap, and find job. Meanwhile you survive on those 50k.

Post your resume in Jobsite, sobserve and monster.
Third World Traveller

WorkPermitIssues

genuine

Post by WorkPermitIssues » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:31 pm

Allied looks genuine on the first instance.. . they charge 50k as security deposit.. which is refundable when u get to uk. This may be to prevent themselves from candidates who are just fishing and not serious...

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:23 pm

50K for what ?

I believe Shakirpa has a HSMP so it's not like Allied is filing for his WP that there is a risk of them losing money if Shakirpa doesn't join.

My hunch is it's not genuine......

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:30 pm

It is illegal to obtain money from prospective employees in return for or promise of Job.

If you want to, bring it to the notice of Home office and or Dept. of Works and Pension. (with the ongoing current situation here with the DWP boss, i can't promise anything though :-))

Basic commonsense, say for the employer think he can give u 100Rs as salary, he would need to make atleast 140Rs to see profit. why should he demand upfront payment - to make sure u come to UK? Then why take all the trouble to recruit you from India. Bloody hell. He / she is a 100% fraudster.

Pls don't get fooled, my humble request. It is not about money (u can earn it back anytime), if something bad happens, your confidence and esteem is shaken and pls take it from me London is an unforgiving place. Nobody here cares for poor sods.

shakirpa2002 wrote:Hi Forum

kABALEESWARAN
Newly Registered

Post by kABALEESWARAN » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:52 pm

Hello,

I have got a job offer in the UK from Allied,but they ask 50k as deposit which will be returned once in the UK.I am confused whether it is worth it or not.Can somebody help me out?

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:56 pm

See the thread in which you have posted this query....

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:38 pm

venam kabali...yedhuku vendatha tension
kABALEESWARAN wrote:Hello,

I have got a job offer in the UK from Allied,but they ask 50k as deposit which will be returned once in the UK.I am confused whether it is worth it or not.Can somebody help me out?

WorkPermitIssues

Post by WorkPermitIssues » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:25 am

Guys any updates on allied ? Any further communications that can help us assess situation better ?? Appreciate your help..

Thanks

arunsrec

Post by arunsrec » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:41 am

hi all,

I secired my HSMP and EC on final week of feb 2008.

I got an offer as well from ASGI and they wanted to sign a bond with them for one year and may take a 50K INR as security deposit.

I just happened to see this subject and ASGI. I am planning to sniff this week at their office. Will let you all know abt the status.

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:19 pm

they are contract workers...they will take u as employee only.
tell me one thing, why are you afraid of finding job? is that the only reason that your savings will be spent , thts why you not taking risk of going to UK and finding job.
You can always look to these people if you arenot getting good stuff after reaching UK. Being in bond , you cant avail this freeness..this is more or less like on work permit as per me!!

good luck with ur decision, i just put my thoughts.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.