ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Original documents not returned!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sujoo
Newly Registered

Original documents not returned!!

Post by sujoo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi,
I applied for citizenship in November 2016. Along with my application, I had sent all my original certificates; passport, ILR, driving licence etc. and prepaid 1st class signed for envelope to return, however they haven't returned it back yet. I can't understand why they are taking so long to return these important documents. I need them as a proof of Id for other essential works. I've not been able to carry out important works because of not having these documents. Don't know where to contact and why they are taking so long.
I'm very worried.
Thanks
Suju

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Original documents not returned!!

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:01 pm

From other posts I have seen it seems documents are returned when the decision has been made, perhaps with the decision letter. Not aware of early return option for documents (that's why NCS is recommended as you retain your original documents).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

sujoo
Newly Registered

Post by sujoo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:07 pm

Thank you for quick response. What does NCS stands for! Sorry for being daft, but this is new to me. And how long will they approximately take?
Thanks
Suju

sujoo
Newly Registered

Post by sujoo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:22 pm

Sorry. I did not use Nationality Checking Service because I knew exactly everything what to do for the application and thought it was just waste of money. Had I known this, I would have used NCS, but it's too late now. So what do you recommend me to do at the meantime. Can you give me any contact number to make a call.

Thanks
Sujata.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:26 pm

NCS = Nationality Checking Services. Run by council registry departments. For a small fee (c.£60) they will check over your application, see whether you got all the required documents, take copies of all your documents and return originals (including PP/BRP), and send to UKVI. You can also apply for passport at the same time. NCS are agents, it won't be faster than by direct mail, but the benefits as described.
Unfortunately your application is with UKVI now - as you submitted in November you might get the decision soon, judging by some timelines posted here.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

sujoo
Newly Registered

Post by sujoo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:28 pm

Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:28 pm

sujoo wrote:Sorry. I did not use Nationality Checking Service because I knew exactly everything what to do for the application and thought it was just waste of money. Had I known this, I would have used NCS, but it's too late now. So what do you recommend me to do at the meantime. Can you give me any contact number to make a call.

Thanks
Sujata.
Sorry I don't have any contact details apart from what is on the AN form documentation.

fafs
Newly Registered

Post by fafs » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:23 pm

This might help, although I have no idea how it may/may not affect your application:

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:20 pm

NCS, approx:
£10 worth of copying and postage;
£30 for an OISC-qualified official to sanity
check everything;
£30 to keep hold of originals;

- bargain!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:19 am

sujoo wrote:Hi,
I applied for citizenship in November 2016. Along with my application, I had sent all my original certificates; passport, ILR, driving licence etc. and prepaid 1st class signed for envelope to return, however they haven't returned it back yet. I can't understand why they are taking so long to return these important documents. I need them as a proof of Id for other essential works. I've not been able to carry out important works because of not having these documents. Don't know where to contact and why they are taking so long.
I'm very worried.
Thanks
Suju
My original documents were sent back to me with the approval letter.