ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has my Daughter got British Nationality ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lmistak
Newly Registered

Has my Daughter got British Nationality ?

Post by lmistak » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:49 am

Hi,

I am looking for some advice regarding to my Daughter born on 02 July 2015.

I am from EU8 national with Permanent Resident Certificate Issued date 24.01.2017.

I've receive letter from Home Office that my Permanent Resident Status Date is 06.04.2015

I am living in UK since October 2011 and on the same time I am working at the same place from 20th October 2011.

Is my daughter British and can I apply for British Passport ?

Thank you.

vinny

Re: Has my Daughter got British Nationality ?

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lmistak
Newly Registered

Post by lmistak » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:21 pm

vinny wrote:Yes.
Hi Vinny,

Are you sure of this? Shall I just apply online and send home office letter?

The problem is, I spoke to Passport Office and they are require one of parents to provide at least 5 years proof of living and working before baby was born.

I was working 3 years and 9 months in UK when she was born and we weren't married. Our wedding was in 2nd April 2016

But on the same time I don't know what Home Office sign my permanent resident status for 6th April 2015.

What if they ask me to provide evidence as they require?

Thank you for your advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:28 pm

One parent needs to prove they were settled before child was born.

Start here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... plications
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:48 pm

lmistak wrote:Hi,

I am looking for some advice regarding to my Daughter born on 02 July 2015.

I am from EU8 national with Permanent Resident Certificate Issued date 24.01.2017.

I've receive letter from Home Office that my Permanent Resident Status Date is 06.04.2015

I am living in UK since October 2011 and on the same time I am working at the same place from 20th October 2011.

Is my daughter British and can I apply for British Passport ?

Thank you.
Sorry. The Home Office's letter stating that your Permanent Resident Status Date is 06.04.2015 was probably in error. You couldn't have acquired Permanent Resident Status prior to October 2016. So, unfortunately, your daughter isn't British. But she is entitled to register.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lmistak
Newly Registered

Post by lmistak » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:48 pm

noajthan wrote:One parent needs to prove they were settled before child was born.

Start here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... plications
Hi noajthan,

I am going to write it what I've receive on me letter from Home Office. I was trying to add a picture but I don't know how to do it.

"Please find enclosed a document which confirms that you have a permanent right of residence in the UK. Also enclosed is an information leaflet.

Date you acquired premanent resident status

Based on the information you provided with your application, the date on which you are deemed to have acquired permanent residence in the UK is

06 April 2015

If you wish to apply for British citizenship, and you are not the spouse or civil partner of British citizen, you must have held permanent residence status in the UK for at least 12 months when you apply. The above date will help you to decide when you will be eligible to apply. Any children born to you in the UK on or after this date may have an automatic entitlement to British citizenship"

Is that letter prove I has been settled in UK after 06 April 2015 ?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:01 pm

Highly likely a typo as you cannot have attained PR in 2015 if you only arrived in the UK in 2011.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:11 pm

So this means child is entitled to register as a citizen as soon as one parent has become settled.
As per section 1(3) of BNA; use form MN1.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.