ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa - family - accommodation query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

linearkieran

Visitor visa - family - accommodation query

Post by linearkieran » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Dear forum members,

I have tried searching for this information on the forum but could not come to a conclusion, hence posting this as a new topic.

Basically, I would like to invite my parents to come and visit us. I see lot of helpful threads on this matter, so that is all good and thanks to the forum. Coming on the issue now, ours is a 2 bed house with me, wife and 2 children living already. Does this mean I have to arrange separate accommodation for my parents and show the proof in their application? OR I need not mention about the kind of property in the sponsorship letter? Truth of the matter is they will be staying with us for the period they are here in UK.

Looking for suggestions/experiences on this matter please.

Thank you muchly

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Visitor visa - family - accommodation query

Post by poper » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:27 pm

linearkieran wrote:Dear forum members,

I have tried searching for this information on the forum but could not come to a conclusion, hence posting this as a new topic.

Basically, I would like to invite my parents to come and visit us. I see lot of helpful threads on this matter, so that is all good and thanks to the forum. Coming on the issue now, ours is a 2 bed house with me, wife and 2 children living already. Does this mean I have to arrange separate accommodation for my parents and show the proof in their application? OR I need not mention about the kind of property in the sponsorship letter? Truth of the matter is they will be staying with us for the period they are here in UK.

Looking for suggestions/experiences on this matter please.

Thank you muchly
As they are merely visiting you, special accommodation is not required.
My parents visited me when I lived in a 1 bed flat with my wife and son
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

linearkieran

Post by linearkieran » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Thanks for your response, that is helpful to know.

I have another question if anyone can help, documents on property and rental income are in Gujarati language, how do I go about presenting that as a proof of their ties back in India please? I see reference about translation service in some posts but how do I find/choose one?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:11 pm

linearkieran wrote:Thanks for your response, that is helpful to know.

I have another question if anyone can help, documents on property and rental income are in Gujarati language, how do I go about presenting that as a proof of their ties back in India please? I see reference about translation service in some posts but how do I find/choose one?
It has to be officially translated. UKVI will likely disregard paperwork that is not in English. Suggest look in the home country area where the applicant is for professional translation services.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.