ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sandeepmarkandey
Newly Registered

Cohabitation documents

Post by sandeepmarkandey » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:04 pm

HI,

I have read in replies on cohabitation documents that you must provide proof of cohabitation ideally spread over the 2 years, either in joint names or in each name. One joint letter (or one letter in each name) over a 4 month period from 3 different sources spread over the 2 years is the minimum and mandatory requirement.

But I was unable find this officially mentioned by UKVI anywhere. All I have found is -
"If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying
at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you
were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the
whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and
your spouse."

Can you throw some light on this please?

Many thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Cohabitation documents

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:45 pm

You would have found it by reading through the FLR(M) application form - Page 65 Documents :idea: The same requirement applies to SET(M) applications.

If your application is as the partner of a settled person or person who is in
the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection
Six items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as
evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or
from the date you first started living together up to a maximum of two years. See Note 11.
Note 11 The items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names.
Examples of acceptable items are listed below. The documents provided must be originals.
Photocopies are not acceptable.
The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole period you
are relying on. They should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items
in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they
show the same address for both of you.
For example - Four items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and two items
addressed to each partner at the address. In total eight items would need to be submitted.
If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit
twelve items (six each) of correspondence, evidencing that you reside together at the same
address.
If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the period you are relying
on, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.
If you did not live together for any part of the period you are relying on, tell us the reasons for
this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant
supporting evidence.
Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide six items; if the items are
not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the period you are relying on.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 2-2016.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sandeepmarkandey
Newly Registered

Post by sandeepmarkandey » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:00 pm

Many thanks for the information.

Actually I need to apply with Set(O) and not Set(M). For Set(M), asking for these detailed proofs makes sense as it is for the Partner of a Person Present and Settled in the UK. So, the applicant needs to prove it's a genuine case of a partner.

sandeepmarkandey
Newly Registered

Post by sandeepmarkandey » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:24 pm

Any one knows if this is applicable for Set(O) / Tier 2 (General) as well?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:27 pm

sandeepmarkandey wrote:Any one knows if this is applicable for Set(O) / Tier 2 (General) as well?
Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.