ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR, absence calculation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier2_applicant

Tier 2 to ILR, absence calculation

Post by tier2_applicant » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:31 pm

Hello,

I know that the absence calculation for ILR can be a complex topic so rather than make a mistake I wanted to clarify a couple of points. I hope the senior members of the forum can help:

1. I have been traveling to Europe quite often for work in the last 5 years. Most of this business trips consist of going out on one day and coming back the next.
So as an example, leaving for Europe on 01 Feb 2017 and coming back to UK on 02 Feb 2017.

Will this count as 1 day of absence or 0 days of absence? I read in the FAQs that days of departure and days of return are not to be counted towards the absence.

This has happened almost on a monthly basis so I will be asking my HR to mention this on the letter from employer which will also confirm the salary etc. but I need to be sure if such a short visit to Europe needs to be mentioned to UKVI or not.

2. I went on a relatively long leave (at end of 2016/start of 2017) to visit my parents and for a family wedding to India: this meant I was outside the UK for 34 days (counting 4 weekends and 1 bank holiday) - in this case, do I need to provide any additional info to UKVI from my employers to say that as a special case I was given longer leave because I had a family wedding and some leave from last year that was transferred to this year?

I will appreciate your help with these queries.

Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 to ILR, absence calculation

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:10 pm

This has happened almost on a monthly basis so I will be asking my HR to mention this on the letter from employer which will also confirm the salary etc. but I need to be sure if such a short visit to Europe needs to be mentioned to UKVI or not.
Tell them but the dates of departure and arrival are not counted as you said, so it could be zero
2. I went on a relatively long leave (at end of 2016/start of 2017) to visit my parents and for a family wedding to India: this meant I was outside the UK for 34 days (counting 4 weekends and 1 bank holiday) - in this case, do I need to provide any additional info to UKVI from my employers to say that as a special case I was given longer leave because I had a family wedding and some leave from last year that was transferred to this year?
No, just let your employer mention this clearly on the letter and confirm this trip was inline with your accrued paid annual leave

Read more: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ds-v13.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tier2_applicant

Re: Tier 2 to ILR, absence calculation

Post by tier2_applicant » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:29 pm

Thanks zimba88