ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Old Tickets and Arrests

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jimbocz
Newly Registered

Old Tickets and Arrests

Post by jimbocz » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:55 pm

Hello, I've had my ILR since 2006 and am finally applying for my first BCRP card. I'm worried about the section where you are supposed to report tickets and arrests that required you to be go to court.

I was a stupid teenager and aquired several different tickets for reckless driving and some other low level stupid offences. These were of the type that required me to go to court. However, these all date from the 1980's and I haven't had anything since. I can't even remember when these happened and what the outcome was. I'm almost certain that my lawyer got them dismissed before the actual court case. I never had to go and stand before the judge or serve a sentence.

Then there was another ticket where I wrote a letter to the court because it happened far from home. I assume the case was dismissed as I never heard back since and it was 30 years ago.

When I applied for my first visa in 2000 I didn't list any of these and had no problem.

Should I take a guess at listing these now? Will my vagueness about what happened 30 years ago be seen as suspicious? Will I get in trouble for not declaring them before? Is there a way I can request my own criminal records and make sure they match what the Home Office might find?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Purdamit

Re: Old Tickets and Arrests

Post by Purdamit » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:25 am

Hi
You can get the subject access request done with ukvi so that you can get all the information ukvi hold against you. SAR takes 6weeks to get your info

jimbocz
Newly Registered

Re: Old Tickets and Arrests

Post by jimbocz » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:29 am

Thank you for your response. I'm not sure the request you suggest will be helpful because I know what UKVI hold against me because I haven't had any issues for the last 17 years I've lived here.

If only I could get a similar thing for the Americans.