ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help In dilemms

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CLda
Newly Registered

Please Help In dilemms

Post by CLda » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:53 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone,
I am in the process of applying my naturalisation but I got a few questions that need clarification
1. I travelled to phillipinnes for a month from (6Jan to 6feb 2017) and now that am back I booked an appointment with the local council come this sarturday 11 feb for NC ,the issue is my friend tells me it will be denied by HO once it sent due to me being out of the country for 30 days even though for the last 3yrs I've not travelled out of the Uk. Is that true?
2.I received by PR IN NOV 2016 ,before that I had a retained right of residence issued to me on Feb 2016. basically I was on a 5yrs family member route of EEA but he passed away after living together for 3yrs.My question is do I need to have held the PR for an year before applying for Naturalization.In other words am I eligible for naturisation?
3.when a referee is signing do they have to include their date of birth if they are professionals?cant a work email address do and the employers stamp?reasons being the referee is adamant to put in their dob and passport No.

4.while the council sends the the form AN can I also include the passport application form sent AT one go (both AN & PP application form)to the HO.

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please Help In dilemms

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:25 pm

1. Nonsense. There is no such rule for citizenship. Your friend is smoking his socks.

2. Yes, you must have held PR for a full 12 months before you can apply (unless you are married to a British citizen). It is the date you 'attained' PR that is relevant.

3. They must complete the form questions that are asked. You are asking an individual person to be a referee NOT a company, so no company stamp won't do.

4. Yes, if you are applying for the joint application service you must submit both forms at your NCS appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CLda
Newly Registered

Post by CLda » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:56 pm

HI Croo1,

Thanks for taking time to reply.

About question no 2 , please elaborate more as to why I will have to wait an year to apply for citizenship. Because I thought After acquiring a ROR in 2013 after the death of my husband I acquired /qualified For my PR that very year (2013)even though it was issued on nov 2016. :?

My friend still insists that I must have stayed in the country for 90days before applying for naturalization and since I was out for 30days then am not eligible. :x please am in a limbo.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:55 pm

You have not stated when you entered the UK or any other details except ROR in 2013. ROR and PR are two different things/applications. So I have based my answers on the limited information you have provided, however I did say 12 months after you 'attained' PR, this is different to your PR confirmation card.

Suggest stop listening to your 'friend'. The requirement is that you must not have more than 90 days ABSENCE in the 12 months immediately before applying. The guide is clear on this point.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:14 pm

Tell 'friend' to read the guide and, if she is capable, read BNA 1981 too.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CLda
Newly Registered

Re: Please Help In dilemma

Post by CLda » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:28 am

CR001 wrote:You have not stated when you entered the UK or any other details except ROR in 2013. ROR and PR are two different things/applications. So I have based my answers on the limited information you have provided, however I did say 12 months after you 'attained' PR, this is different to your PR confirmation card.

Suggest stop listening to your 'friend'. The requirement is that you must not have more than 90 days ABSENCE in the 12 months immediately before applying. The guide is clear on this point.
I entered in the Uk in 2006 on student visa. Always renewed it ,until I met my hubby in 2008 got married in 2010 , issued with 5 yrs as a family member of EEA.He passed away in July 2013,( lived together for 3yrs)issued with a ROR In Feb 2016 ( please note I applied for ROR IN July 2015) .applied for PR in May 2016, issued PR in Dec 2016.

Based on the info above do I qualify to apply for naturisation or shall I wait for an year?

One more question. Can someone please tell me what is a joint application and passport :?: how do I go about it :cry:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please Help In dilemma

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:13 am

CLda wrote:I entered in the Uk in 2006 on student visa. Always renewed it ,until I met my hubby in 2008 got married in 2010 , issued with 5 yrs as a family member of EEA.He passed away in July 2013,( lived together for 3yrs)issued with a ROR In Feb 2016 ( please note I applied for ROR IN July 2015) .applied for PR in May 2016, issued PR in Dec 2016.

Based on the info above do I qualify to apply for naturisation or shall I wait for an year?

One more question. Can someone please tell me what is a joint application and passport :?: how do I go about it :cry:
You 'attained' PR 5 years after your marriage, so in 2015 by the looks of it. So you can apply for citizenship.

Joint citizenship and passport scheme is only offered by applying through NCS (nationality checking service) at the council.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CLda
Newly Registered

Post by CLda » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:37 am

Thanks CROO1,for taking the time to answer.

I got another question which am stuck .
1.That is the question about my partner or husband.
It asks about my current husband details.Is it advisable to mention about him as The home office has no knowledge of him since he has not being issued with a visa yet to migrate to the Uk.
2. BIometric details .are they the previous ones that have been taken /used before on PR application or would be they the ones to be taken while sending out the new application.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:56 am

1. If you are married, you must state the fact honestly in the form, regardless of where your current spouse lives.

2. Is this the question about 'previous enrollments'? Please be clear on the question number you are referring to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CLda
Newly Registered

Post by CLda » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:26 am

CR001 wrote:1. If you are married, you must state the fact honestly in the form, regardless of where your current spouse lives.

2. Is this the question about 'previous enrollments'? Please be clear on the question number you are referring to.
Thanks Again,

I am referring to the biometric enrollment page (pg 23-31) the question asks the date your fingerprints were taken. My question was do they mean the previous fingers prints taken on other applications or the new that I shall be applying?

2. When sending the evidence of lawful residence during the 5years. Can I just send all my old passports which have vignette on them.?
Bearing in mind that I was issued my PR last year Dec, then obviously I had proved my residency , could it be advisable to only send letters or pay slips for an year plus my old passports other than a whole bulk documents of 5years residency. I shall be applying via NCS.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:13 pm

1. It refers to the last application where you had to submit biometrics.

2. Not sure but you might need more documents to prove residency. Suggest wait for others to reply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)