ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent advice needed please!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dazed&confused
Newly Registered

Urgent advice needed please!

Post by dazed&confused » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:19 pm

Hi everyone

I am hoping that there is someone who can answer this question for me.

I am on Australian currently in the UK on a working holiday visa. My partner is a UK citizen and we are about to apply for me to stay here as his unmarried partner (flr(m)).

One of the many concerns I have is as follows:

In the past two years we have lived at two seperate addresses in the UK, both of which have been privately rented share houses. Currently we share our house with another couple and and we have all justed signed a 12-month lease agreement.

In terms of the domestic arrangements, we transfer a single lump sum into the other couples' bank account to cover our portion of the rent and bills; they then make electronic payments to our landlord and to the relevant utility companies. Since they had already lived in the house for nearly three years when we moved in and had this structure in place, it was deemed to be the most straightforward arrangement for everyone.

However, our concern now is that we may be construed not to be living "as a married couple". We have our own room for our exclusive use and we do, of course, have plenty of other proof in support of our application, joint bank account and the like. It is just this issue specifically that's bothering us.

Can anyone please advise? We need to lodge our application in the next week or so sany any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:27 pm

You need proof in the form of single or joint letters addressed to a common address. If you've not got it then I would wait until u have.

UPV criteria is very strictly applied.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:50 pm

And if you have all the documents, this won't be a problem. House sharing is fine.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

dazed&confused
Newly Registered

Post by dazed&confused » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:42 pm

thank you for your replies. I feel better now!