ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS timeframe

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

US_to_London
Newly Registered

CoS timeframe

Post by US_to_London » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:29 am

Hello,

My employer hasn't been very communicative during this process so I'd like to double check with this board about the timeframe for a CoS.

The application was made in December, and I was told that the HO looks at these on the 10th of each month. On Jan 10th we were given the go-ahead to get the CoS processed... and since then there's been nothing. Initially I was given a "beginning of February" as an estimate, but that has come and gone and now I have no idea when it will go through.

Does anyone have any idea how much longer it might take? Is there any way this process can be expedited?

sabi27
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: CoS timeframe

Post by sabi27 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:33 am

US_to_London wrote:Hello,

My employer hasn't been very communicative during this process so I'd like to double check with this board about the timeframe for a CoS.

The application was made in December, and I was told that the HO looks at these on the 10th of each month. On Jan 10th we were given the go-ahead to get the CoS processed... and since then there's been nothing. Initially I was given a "beginning of February" as an estimate, but that has come and gone and now I have no idea when it will go through.

Does anyone have any idea how much longer it might take? Is there any way this process can be expedited?
Hi,

I got confused with two of your statements.

1. Your employer made a CoS allocation application in December, right?
2. You were given a go-ahead on 10th January to get the CoS processed, what this go-ahead is about?

If you have applied for a CoS allocation via normal service then it can take up to 18 weeks to appear in SMS system. The best you could do is call them or drop an email on businesshelpdesk email address.

Regards,

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Re: CoS timeframe

Post by rubyracer2 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:13 pm

Are you applying for a restricted or unrestricted CoS?