ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Further Leave to Remain - Any assistance please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vanity
Newly Registered

Further Leave to Remain - Any assistance please

Post by vanity » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:36 pm

I applied for FLR on 28th August and recieved an Acknowledgement letter on the 1st September. Since then I have not heard of anything from them. Today is 9th November. Wow! :shock:

I just rang them in the morning after endlessly trying, and they said that they are working on Cases recieved on 20th August and I should expect a decision in a week or two.

Do they send the passport back duly stamped alongwith the decision or do they just send a letter with the decision and the passport takes a couple of months more? :?

Any thoughts you can share will be truly appreciated. Never imagined this would take so long. It was so much better before April 1, 2004 when the approval from WP took like a week and the passport was sent back in another week with the stamp. Gone are those days!

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:51 pm

So it appears the processing times on the website are coreect :(

Well, the change from the old sytem to the new sytem was mainly brought up by the Lawyers!!!!

Before basically the employer applied for you leave to remain whereas as you already know, it is the individual who applies

In the long run I think HO will have to do something because even FLR applications will soon statrt clocking up months of waiting
Where there is a will there is a way.

John
United Kingdom

Answers to your questions

Post by John » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:06 pm

Vanity, about your posting, firstly of course be aware that as long as the FLR application went in before the end of your previous visa that you are protected by Section 3C from being an overstayer. That is, the old visa automatically gets extended until the issue of the new one, or worse case, if application rejected for some reason, until your time is up for appealing against that decision.

Your question ... how do they notify you? Assuming the application granted, and why not, your passport will be returned to you complete with its new shiny visa! It will not be a question of waiting for a further length of time.

vanity
Newly Registered

Post by vanity » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:11 pm

I can't wait to see the reflection of my smile on that shiny visa :)