ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost Passport with Spouse Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hignfu
Newly Registered

Lost Passport with Spouse Visa

Post by hignfu » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:18 am

Not sure this is the right place to post this but hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction!

The passport in which my Husbands Spouse Visa was in has been lost by a well know driving agency so we are going through the process of obtaining a new passport......

Does anyone know how we go about getting a replacement visa in his passport?

Kind Regards
E

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:40 pm

You need to do a Transfer of Conditions (TOC). It used to be free but now costs £150. Have you ever extended the spouse visa in the UK? If not, you may need a confirmation letter from the Embassy/High Commission that issued the visa.

hignfu
Newly Registered

Post by hignfu » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:16 pm

Visa hasn't been extended in the UK, will I have to go back to the Embassy in the country it was issued to obtain confirmation?

Its just typical the visa was only issued October 2007, what a nightmare!!

Thank you for your help

Kind Regards

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:37 pm

hignfu wrote:Visa hasn't been extended in the UK, will I have to go back to the Embassy in the country it was issued to obtain confirmation?

Its just typical the visa was only issued October 2007, what a nightmare!!

Thank you for your help

Kind Regards
Oh, I forgot that you also need to provide the police report. Did you get any letter from the embassy when your husband's spouse visa was granted?

hignfu
Newly Registered

Post by hignfu » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:26 pm

We have got a police report as we needed that to start the process of getting a new passport, I am pretty sure we didn't get a letter from the embassy just the visa....will have to check through the mass or paperwork, if not will have to contact them to get confirmation of the visa issue??

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:39 pm

I'm not sure if BIA has direct access to info on spouse visas issued abroad. A letter from the embassy/hc giving details would probably speed up the process.

hignfu
Newly Registered

Post by hignfu » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:33 pm

Thank you, you have been a great help, much appreciated

Kind Regards
E