ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After EC,First time Travel issues, Spouse Visa and Traveling

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

email4contact
Newly Registered

After EC,First time Travel issues, Spouse Visa and Traveling

Post by email4contact » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:31 pm

Dear Friends,

I Got HSMP approval letter in September 2007,
Later i have submitted for EC in November 2007, along with my spouse
My wife and I got the visa for 02 years.

Now i am still busy with my current assignments. I want to resign and hand-over my tasks to my successor in a professional good mannger.

My questions are:

1: How much maximum time do i have for first time enternace in the UK under this 02 year visa ? British council is saying within 01 year any time but only on phone. I am trying to find any official written statement somewhere.

2: Is this a requirment now (as told by the British council), that my dependents (wife) should enter in the UK, only for very first time, while travelling along with me ? No matters, if initially i go alone and then come back to take her along with me. Afterwards, she is allowed to travel alone. Kindly give your expert openion about this

3: Is there any other procedure remaining on very first arrival at airport for HSMP visa holders ?

4. On first arrival, Do i need to show some money on airport? How much ?

I have tried to explain things in best possible manners. Kindly try to provide all best relevant information you have, at the earliest.

Thanks,

Red

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:18 pm

While I don't know if there is a minimum period for entry, you should remember that in order to extend you visa in two years time you will need to show 12 consecutive months of earnings (of a certain amount) out of the 15 months before your visa expires. If you leave your first entry too late you may not be able to pick up a proper job in time to ensure you can meet the extension criteria. Also, when your five years of HSMP visas are up you will not have enough qualifying residence for ILR and will therefore be faced with applying for extension again.

In my experience, the spouse can travel without you but on her first trip she may or may not be interrogated quite intensely.

I have never heard of a HSMP holder being asked to show funds at the airport, if you are worried you could have at hand your bank statements, bank cards etc.
'In everything give thanks'