ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Problems for doctors in UK ??

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pdd123
Newly Registered

Problems for doctors in UK ??

Post by pdd123 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:19 pm

I thought doctors were much in demand in UK..
Especially so that HSMP processes their applications on a priority basis.
They are also given 50 extra points
But look at this ..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... 918525.cms

regards
pdd123

zeke

Post by zeke » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:38 am

On the second page of the article it says

"Everyone, including the General Medical Council, seems to agree that the opportunities in Britain are at consultant level, not at the junior level, but somehow that message is not getting across to where it has to".

So I guess the shortage is in more experienced physicians, not recently graduated ones. (But, does the "under 28" HSMP have extra points for being a physician...?)

I do wonder why, oh, why there isn't a working visa for those who have skills on the shortage list like physicians and social workers (although I have not seen a recent shortage list that officially lists social workers) and teachers and engineers. Why can't these people just prove that they have the skills in question, and then be allowed to enter the country to fill vacant positions?
Be Well!