ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA(QP) - can I apply immediately on arrival to the UK?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shech
Newly Registered

EEA(QP) - can I apply immediately on arrival to the UK?

Post by Shech » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:03 am

Hello,

I am an EU national, I did my Master degree in London between 2011 to 2013, stayed another year, then left abroad for 2 years. I came back to the UK two weeks ago in order to secure my place here before Brexit. I assume the right way to do that is to apply for a Registration Certificate EEA(QP).

I am not sure whether I should apply as 'Self-sufficient' or as a 'Worker' whenever I'll find a job in the near future. I don't want to wait tool long due to Brexit.

My questions are:
1. Can I apply immediately on my arrival to the UK as 'self sufficient'?' (my financial resources are from non EU country)
2. If I apply as 'Worker', can I apply immediately when starting the job giving the contract as proof? (or I need to wait months for salary slips?)
3. Do I need bills on my name to prove my address? (I rented a flat with bills included)

Thank you!

secret.simon

Re: EEA(QP) - can I apply immediately on arrival to the UK?

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Yes, you can apply for EEA(QP) immediately on arrival, provided of course that you are a qualified person.

A self-sufficient person also requires Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (aka private health insurance). So make sure you get that before you apply.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

tmonaghan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tmonaghan » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:11 pm

I agree with secret.simon, however when it will make a difference is when you'll be applying for a PR. That is when you'll have to provide evidence that you had been a Qualified person for 5 years therefore providing proof of CSI when it applies if you were not a jobseeker, were not working or were not a self-employed person. Other than that if you applied and showed periods of self-sufficient or student periods you'll have to provide evidence of a CSI...

Amofe
Newly Registered

Post by Amofe » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:19 pm

secret.simon wrote:Yes, you can apply for EEA(QP) immediately on arrival, provided of course that you are a qualified person.

A self-sufficient person also requires Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (aka private health insurance). So make sure you get that before you apply.
I want to apply for my father as a self-sufficient "qualified person", he's been with me here for almost a year. Somebody has told me about the allowed only 3 months period and that my father will be deported now so that's why I'm doing the application (plus the whole uncertainty of the BREXIT). But then again, aren't there millions of EU living here (not working but being supported by working EU family member) much longer than 3 months since they came? Technically if the government wants, it can deport them all? :shock:

Can I ask you about the CSI? I'm looking to buy one for my father and I wonder how does it work. If I but it today and submit application tomorrow, is it acceptable? Or is there a qualifying period, i.e. he needs to wait 3 months after buying an insurance?

Many thanks!!!