ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard Visitor's Visa Refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fatima Ali

Standard Visitor's Visa Refused

Post by Fatima Ali » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:09 am

Hello all,

My case is bit complicated & I would really appreciate if anyone can advice. My husband are 2 brothers, one is in middle east & one is here in UK. My mother-in-law is a widow, currently living on visit visa with my brother-in-law in middle east. Basically we're from Pakistan. I wanted her to visit us as we're expecting our first baby. Her visa application was refused on 2 grounds:
1. We showed property papers & funds in my mother-in-law's accounts(They are joint accounts with my husband & Brother-in-law). They said they don't understand from where she got so much money, considering she has no job & the benefits given by State are not too much. So this looks ambiguous.
2.They don't see any strong ties to Pakistan (as both her sons are abroad).
We didn't declare about pregnancy but when Home Office called my husband, they confirmed if I was expecting & he confirmed yes. They had the record & we were not actually hiding anything, just the reason for her visit was visiting family..

Now we want to apply again. Can anyone suggest what should we do? We will declare about our pregnancy but if there is any other advice please feel free to share. We were thinking that this time instead of Pakistan, we should show that she will return to my Brother-in-law in middle east as her visa will be still valid? Or should we stay to return to Pakistan only? And show that her father also lives there , which we didn't mention in initial application?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Standard Visitor's Visa Refused

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:26 am

You are in a near impossible position.
She plainly does not live in Pakistan and the previous application confirms this. So by saying she does that will get you down the deception route. So a lose lose situation.
By saying she lives with the brother that shows she has little or no ties to Pakistan, plus does not have permanent residence so that is no good either. Again lose lose.
Does your pregnancy add anything, no it does not.

Funds as far as the ECO is concerned she has no funds, the joint account will not be taken into consideration as she has no means to fund it. That then points again to the possibility of non return as she is already living outside of Pakistan.

Father in Pakistan - that is discounted as she is living away from Pakistan.

There is a mountain to climb and genuineness to return is not a point they consider.

Wishing you luck

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:31 am

Frontier Mole wrote:You are in a near impossible position.
She plainly does not live in Pakistan and the previous application confirms this. So by saying she does that will get you down the deception route. So a lose lose situation.
By saying she lives with the brother that shows she has little or no ties to Pakistan, plus does not have permanent residence so that is no good either. Again lose lose.

Funds as far as the ECO is concerned she has no funds, the joint account will not be taken into consideration as she has no means to fund it. That then points again to the possibility of non return as she is already living outside of Pakistan.

There is a mountain to climb and genuineness to return is not a point they consider.

Wishing you luck

Thanks. Do you think there is a better chance if she goes to Pakistan & then apply?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:49 am

Fatima Ali wrote:
Frontier Mole wrote:You are in a near impossible position.

Wishing you luck

Thanks. Do you think there is a better chance if she goes to Pakistan & then apply?
Not without strong ties to Pakistan and undeniable reasons to return there.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....