ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR Application - Info about absences no longer needed?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jacob001
Newly Registered

EEA PR Application - Info about absences no longer needed?

Post by jacob001 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:57 pm

Hi everyone.

This forum has been really helpful, thank you very much! I'm in the process of filling out an online form and I'm an EEA citizen having been living in the UK for 7 years. One day, when I logged back in to the application to put more details about absences from the UK, this question wasn't there anymore. All my answers previously entered disappeared and the question as well. I thought it was a technical glitch, so I created a new account and entered all the information again until I reached the point where that question should appear, however it wasn't there and it took me straight to the question about absences from the UK longer than 6 months within one year.
Has anyone else noticed this? Does it mean that HO decided to withdraw this question from the application and now only asks for periods longer than 6 months?
Interestingly, they didn't update the paper PDF form and the question is still there...

Any thoughts? Thanks so much.

Breev
Newly Registered

Re: EEA PR Application - Info about absences no longer neede

Post by Breev » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:50 pm

I have just completed the online form and was only asked to detail absences of more than 6 months.

jacob001
Newly Registered

Re: EEA PR Application - Info about absences no longer neede

Post by jacob001 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:10 am

So it if is like this for you as well, they must have changed the form. A month ago when I was filling it out, they were also asking about all the absences, not only about the ones longer than 6 months. Then one day in February this question and all my absence entries disappeared from the form.