ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MMARCUS
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependent visa

Post by MMARCUS » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:20 pm

Hello,
I need your help please , just got confused about Tier 2 dependent visa . I am on a tier 2 visa since Sept 2013 and I have recently extended it with the same employer last Oct . My partner has applied last month for a tier 2 depndent but got refusal because of the maintenance requirement as the bank didn't show the movement in the last 3 months as requested .
my question is what is the maintenance requirement in this case , is there a need to provide my bank statements instead of my partner''s one or can the sponsor provide a written undertaking for my partner or my partner must have the required fund of £ 630 for the last 3 months ??

Please advise

Thanks a lot

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 dependent visa

Post by iworker » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:00 am

bank statement of either u or your partner, with min balance of 630 for at least 3 months.
or a letter from employer certifying that they will take care of your dependent for 630 a month if required.

MMARCUS
Newly Registered

Post by MMARCUS » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:07 am

Thank you , but are you sure that my bank statement is enough or the dependent must have £ 630 in the last 3 month as well

Sorry for bothering but very confused .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:09 am

EITHER bank statement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MMARCUS
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR from tier 2 general + dependent visa

Post by MMARCUS » Tue May 29, 2018 8:16 pm

Good evening ,
Just a quick enquiry please , I am on tier 2 general visa since 09/2013 . I am married for 1 year and half now and have a little girl (only 12 weeks ) . does my wife need to pass life in UK test + B1 to get ILR the same as me . or only me the main applicant who needs to do this and she doesnot have to ?
in addition , do we need to submit 2 different applications or just one for me as a main applicant and to include my wife ( dependent ) and my little one ? by the way my wife is on tier 2 dependent visa .

Kind regards
M marcus

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for ILR from tier 2 general + dependent visa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:44 am

If your wife only came to the UK a year or so ago, she doesn't qualify for ILR when you apply. She will have to extend her current visa until she meets the 5 year residence requirement for ILR.

For ILR, ALL applicants MUST do B1 English and LIUK.

If your child was born in the UK, you DO NOT need to apply for ILR but can register the child as British once you have got ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MMARCUS
Newly Registered

Post by MMARCUS » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:42 pm

Thank you very much for that .
But I got my master degree from UK ( was on Tier 4 student from 4/2012 to 8/2013 before switching to tier 2 general ) Do I need to do B1 as well when I apply for ILR? in addition, the expiry date for my wife dependent visa is the same as me now so, how can I apply to her for extension and I have not got my ilr?
Do i have to wait until i got my ILR and then apply for her while that may exceed the date of her visa expiry ?
also , does she need a maintenance fund for her visa extension ? and how much is required ?
Many thanks again for your appreciated hep.
Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:51 am

But I got my master degree from UK ( was on Tier 4 student from 4/2012 to 8/2013 before switching to tier 2 general ) Do I need to do B1 as well when I apply for ILR?

I was referring and answering your question about your WIFE needing B1 English and LIUK. Your master degree is fine.
in addition, the expiry date for my wife dependent visa is the same as me now so, how can I apply to her for extension and I have not got my ilr?
Apply by post before her visa expires with a covering letter re. your ILR application.
Do i have to wait until i got my ILR and then apply for her while that may exceed the date of her visa expiry ?
No.
also , does she need a maintenance fund for her visa extension ? and how much is required ?
Yes, £630 for 90 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MMARCUS
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR from tier 2 general and new born

Post by MMARCUS » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:17 pm

Hello,
could I get your advice please , I will apply for ILR from tier 2 general and I have a little girl ( she is only 6 months and was born in UK ) and my partner has dependent tier 2 visa since march 2017 that will expire at the same date with my tier 2 visa .
My question is when I apply for ILR do I need to add my little one in the application ? and if not what type of visa shall I apply for her for and do I need to pay nhs surcharge for my litlle one as well ? and about my partner can she apply to extend her tier 2 visa before getting a decision from the home office about my ILR application ?

many thanks for your help .
M Marcus

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for ILR from tier 2 general and new born

Post by trueblue19 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:43 am

1. As your daughter was born in the UK, she can directly apply for british passport once you receive your ILR (If one of the parents have settled status - ILR - children born in UK can directly get british passport.) No need to include her in the application.

More here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-born-uk/under-18

2. Depending on when your partner's current leave is expiring, you can apply for an extension for her a month or so before that. You dont have to include her in the application just now. Her leave can be extended later based on your ILR. After she has completed 5 years as a dependent, she can apply for ILR too.

MMARCUS
Newly Registered

Post by MMARCUS » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:55 pm

Thank you very much for your reply . my wife came to UK in march 2017 , tier 2 dependent .
Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:15 am

trueblue19 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:43 am
1. As your daughter was born in the UK, she can directly apply for british passport once you receive your ILR (If one of the parents have settled status - ILR - children born in UK can directly get british passport.) No need to include her in the application.

More here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-born-uk/under-18
The link gives the correct procedure, but does not relate to a British passport application.

Child born in the UK, when neither parent is settled nor British, is not automatically British and therefore cannot directly apply for a British passport. However, after they grant a parent ILR, then such child is entitled to register for British citizenship. Child need not apply for ILR. Subsequently, a British child may apply for a British passport.

Child may use NCS to jointly register and apply for a British passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

MMARCUS
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependent visa and main applicant is applying for ILR

Post by MMARCUS » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:23 pm

Hello,
Could any one help please , I am confused , my wife got tier 2 dependent visa in March 2017 based on me that will expire in few days at the same date as my tier 2 visa will expire . I am entitled to apply for ILR on tier 2 general 5 years route . my question is what visa should my wife apply for and for how many years she can apply for ?and What type of visa extension ? as I have not got any decision from HO yet about my ILR . and I donot know she can apply based on what ground
I do not know what to do ?

Many thanks
M Marcus

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependent visa and main applicant is applying for ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:23 am

Tier 2 General Dependent visa. It will be a 3 year extension. You must have evidence of 90 days maintenance funds.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MMARCUS
Newly Registered

Post by MMARCUS » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:36 pm

Thank you very much for your reply but what shall I write as cos number and the number of years of my visa as main applicant as I am applying for ILR .

My apologies for bothering you .

Regards
Mina

MMARCUS
Newly Registered

Post by MMARCUS » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:18 pm

Hi ,
could you please respond for my post , I am really confused.

Many thanks
Mina

MMARCUS
Newly Registered

ILR and new bon in UK

Post by MMARCUS » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:38 pm

Hello ,
I am applying for ILR after 5 years on tier 2 visa . my question is regarding my little one she is 6 months now and was born in UK , I do not need to apply for her for ilr but do i need to include her in my wife tier 2 PBS dependent visa extension ( my wife is on tier 2 dependent since March 2017 and will expire in few days ). or there is no need to apply for her for any visa at all ?

Please help

Many thanks in advance

vinny

Re: ILR and new bon in UK

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:40 am

If the UK-born child registers immediately after they grant a parent ILR, then there is no need to apply for leave for child.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Venki8

Post by Venki8 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:08 pm

MMARCUS wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:18 pm
Hi ,
could you please respond for my post , I am really confused.

Many thanks
Mina
I'm no expert but CR001 can correct me if I'm wrong.

Because your wife's visa always linked to yours, you should first get your ILR sorted, then she can apply under same Tier 2 dependent extension (premium or by post if not enough time)

Once you've got your ILR, how to apply your wife's extension is one of the most extensively discussed topics on this forum so please see older posts for answers.

you both can apply at the same time but that delays her application. If you see from HO perspective, they can't give her any visa until you have a valid visa.

hope this helps

MMARCUS
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependent visa and main applicant is applying for ILR

Post by MMARCUS » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:26 pm

Hello,
Can any one advise me please , I have applied for ILR online and waiting for HO decision . my wife is on tier 2 dependent that will expire in very few days ( the same date as me ) . Do I have to apply for extension for my wife ( she is on tier 2 dependent visa for 1 and half year) before her visa got expired although I have not got a decision about my ILR application yet ( if yes so what shall i write in her application )
Or, shall i wait until I get a decision from HO then apply for extension for her ( if the answer is yes , so she will over stay ?!)
Please help as I am really very confused and do not know what to do .

Many Thanks in advance

MMARCUS
Newly Registered

Post by MMARCUS » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:40 pm

Thanks Venki8 , But I have already applied for ILR online and still waiting for HO decision , shall I apply for her extension while waiting for HO decision about me as I am afraid , her current tier 2 dependent visa will expire in few days .

Many Thanks

MMarcus

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:19 am

She should extend before her leave expires, to prevent her overstaying!

Ask them to delay their decision until after they grant your ILR. If you are successful, then they should grant her three years. Pay her IHS accordingly.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:30 am