ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Employer Give Tier 2 General Cos Holder Bonus on First Y

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adave0026
Newly Registered

Can Employer Give Tier 2 General Cos Holder Bonus on First Y

Post by adave0026 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:55 am

On Tier 2 General from Feb 2016 at £33,000 Annual Salary.

1) Can my employer give me Bonus of 10% on March 2017 even if it was not mentioned in my offer letter that was submitted to the Home Office/HMRC if he wishes to?

The employer is telling me that since it was not mentioned in the offer letter he will not be able to give any bonus as it may cause problems with the Home Office / HMRC?

Please suggest.

Kind Regards

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Can Employer Give Tier 2 General Cos Holder Bonus on Fir

Post by hassanh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:59 am

Hi,

They can give bonus. It does not matter if it was mentioned in the COS or not.

The point to remember, if the 10% bonus is for all staff then they do not need to inform UKVI through SMS system but if it is specifically for you on your performance basis then they will need to report about this bonus to UKVI through SMS system.

If they have any doubts, they should contact Employer Helpline and they will get satisfactory answer from there.

Thanks,

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:29 pm

In my opinion, they do not need to inform UKVI in either case.. all employees or not, doesnt matter.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:55 am

If the bonus is not a guaranteed part of your salary and is purely a one off payment for whatever reason then there is no need to report it via SMS.
If the bonus is guaranteed or is an expected feature of your employment then it should have been mentioned in the RLMT job adverts. If not they can question if the RLMT was undertaken correctly.