ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of address - Residence Card owner

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ZoeMC
Newly Registered

Change of address - Residence Card owner

Post by ZoeMC » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi guys,
I've a quick question.

I'm a Residence Card owner and my unmarried partner is a QP.
We have just moved to a new home and updated our address practically everywhere, including on hmrc.gov.uk etc..
Now, I've called Home Office and they told me I don't need to update anything on their side as I've "no pending application".

How Is it possible they don't need to know where we leave now? Shall I not use this website to update my infos? https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/

Thanks

kamoe
European Union

Re: Change of address - Residence Card owner

Post by kamoe » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:28 pm

From the looks of it the only reason they want to know if you moved address is to know where to send your visa. So, if you do not have any pending application, they just don't need to know.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:23 pm

ZoeMC wrote: How Is it possible they don't need to know where we leave now? Shall I not use this website to update my infos? https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/

Thanks
You might be aware the UK government doesn't have a system of registration of citizens (therefore no ID cards). When you move there is no requirement to go to the local authority to tell them you have arrived. In other countries it's the law, to register, or de-register within a certan tim limit. There are other ways you register like with HMRC, DVLA, etc, bu no central system.
In my case here got my PR in 1985, my next contact with HO was in 2016 :)
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ZoeMC
Newly Registered

Post by ZoeMC » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:58 am

All clear!
Thanks for the replies guys :D