ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent! I have received IS.96 after granted refugee status

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nihad
Mood:
Iraq

Urgent! I have received IS.96 after granted refugee status

Post by nihad » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:11 pm

Hello

I was shocked this morning, l have received IS.96 form to report in my old address which is 200 mile far from me and l have recently granted refugee status what is the reason for this?
Does it mean they revoke my work permit ? Because the IS.96 mention that I'm not allowed to work in UK

Please advise guys

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Urgent! I have received IS.96 after granted refugee stat

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:12 pm

There has more than likely been an error made. I suggest you contact the reporting centre and tell them you have been granted refugee status. They will check there and then on the system and (hopefully) confirm there is not need to report.
If that is the case ask them to confirm in writing that the IS96 notice is no longer valid.

Bongani
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent! I have received IS.96 after granted refugee stat

Post by Bongani » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:40 pm

I also think that it is a mistake otherwise you would have been asked to report to the nearest reporting centre.
Phone them and explain am sure they will rectify the mistake

On the other thread you said from experience it was standard procedure for HO to ask one to do biometrics after submitting a fresh claim. How long did you receive your response/ permit after biometrics. Thanks in advance and sorry for hijacking your post.