ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fiancée Visa - Passport DoB error

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Questa
Newly Registered

fiancée Visa - Passport DoB error

Post by Questa » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:15 pm

Hello,

I'm not not entirely sure if this is the right place to discuss this, but I hope I will get the necessary directions nevertheless.

My fiancée is about to apply for fiancée visa to come to the UK to settle, but she has an error on her passport which makes her a year older than she is. She has been coming to the UK as a visitor with this error for over 4 years and I'm apprehensive about this error. Her date and month of birth is correct but the year is incorrect.

Should I go ahead and apply for the fiancée visa like that and she continues using the wrong DoB and later try to change it in the UK once she gets the settlement visa? Or should I try to rectify it (but how?) before she even applies for the fiancée visa, bearing in mind she had always signed her previous visa application stating that she hasn't given false information?

Has anyone been through this?

I would be utmost grateful for your contribution and advice.

Many thanks and best wishes.

Quest

Bathory
Newly Registered

Re: fiancée Visa - Passport DoB error

Post by Bathory » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:31 pm

Why not just get a correct passport? I'm surprised this wasn't corrected after it was issued. Is there a reason? I'm sure a new onone would have been issed free of charge due to clerical error.

Questa
Newly Registered

Post by Questa » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:48 pm

Hi Bathory,

Thanks for your reply. It is a correct passport but with an error. Yes, it should have been corrected immediately but she didn't do it because of the rigmarole attached to correcting a machine readable passport in the country. Trust me it isn't as easy as you would imagine. Nothing is straight forward in the country.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:53 pm

No idea when and where problem can arise due to this error which I believe can be serious. Because usually date of birth and surname links with the sensitive data of an indivual. Usually when any document/passport/card an authority issues they always invite to have correction if something wrong.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.