ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in Citizenship application, please help

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shahidmahmood12345
Newly Registered

Delay in Citizenship application, please help

Post by shahidmahmood12345 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:25 am

Hi Guys!

I would like to share my problem. Applied for my citizenship based on marriage (EU citizen). I applied in june 2016. Last month i got a letter from department requested few documents of my wife like her 5years p60's , bills, and banke statements and Doctors letters etc. I have sent them all already but my letter was coming from Initial processing team. I am worrying how come my application is still in initial process. It' has been 8 months passes already. Could anyone explain this situation to me. I have a solicitor and she asked me to wait and stay positive. I would be highly obliged to get a good advise. Thanks

Syjem

Re: Delay in Citizenship application, please help

Post by Syjem » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:13 pm

I think this delay is mainly due to Brexit effect and also because you've applied through a solicitor. normally citizenship applications via solicitors take longer time to be analysed. Don't worry, everything looks normal and you will get your approval letter soon.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:34 pm

Syjem wrote:I think this delay is mainly due to Brexit effect and also because you've applied through a solicitor. normally citizenship applications via solicitors take longer time to be analysed. Don't worry, everything looks normal and you will get your approval letter soon.
How would the UK brexit have an effect on citizenship applications in Ireland, which is a completely different country?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Syjem wrote:I think this delay is mainly due to Brexit effect and also because you've applied through a solicitor. normally citizenship applications via solicitors take longer time to be analysed. Don't worry, everything looks normal and you will get your approval letter soon.
How would the UK brexit have an effect on citizenship applications in Ireland, which is a completely different country?
@CR001

I think Syjem is right. Due to Brexit, many post offices and Garda stations ran out Irish Passport Application form as British Citizens from Northern Ireland submitted their application for Irish Passport and Irish Citizenship Department had to prioritise British Citizen's application first.

https://www.dfa.ie/irelanduk-citizenshipandpassports/

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk ... -1.2560740

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0216/853015-passports/

This news were published on most of the national newspaper in Ireland. @CR001, as you know, if article 50 trigger end of March 2017, it may take up to 2 years to remove UK from EU.

After 2 years, UK citizens may not enjoy EU facilities, as a result, many of them already applied or still applying for Irish passport.

Google can help for more details
Last edited by iCloud on Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:36 pm

@iCloud - there will very likely still be the special arrangement between ROI and the UK, which has been in place since the early 1900's.

Citizenship by naturalisation is different to BC's registering on FBR or applying for Irish passports. But yes, it could be a cause for slight delays.

Given the numerous long running topics in this sub-forum, applicants seem to be impatient. There are members on the forum waiting since 2014 and 2015 for the British citizenship applications to be approved and this an application which appears far more simple than the Irish naturalisation route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
@CR001
I think that many of UK citizens can apply to Irish citizenship based on Irish Association route and this increases the number of applications made from UK citizens.

crisbella218
China

Post by crisbella218 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:13 pm

Syjem wrote:
CR001 wrote:
@CR001
I think that many of UK citizens can apply to Irish citizenship based on Irish Association route and this increases the number of applications made from UK citizens.
The delay is caused by a number of factors as I understand it. Indeed one is the Irish Association route, alot of British people are searching through their family to see if they have a link to get Irish citizenship. Even if they apply with no link the Irish citizenship department has to process their application which takes time.

Secondly after the Brexit vote there was a 200% increase in Irish passport applications, the shear volume was more than the passport office could bear. So they had to take resources from all over the civil service as a passport for an Irish citizen is more important than citizenship applications.

People applying probably who aren't entitled to a passport or citizenship would have delayed the system. But things are coming back to normal as far as I can see. Indeed as CR001 has said some people aren't patient. The arrangements UK and ROI however aren't exactly so clear, it maybe the two countries want things to stay the same, however at the end of the day the EU will decide what happens between UK and ROI in relation to the border, immigration etc there already has been stories in the media saying the EU will use the Irish border as a negotiating tactic. We will all know in 2 years!

guess101
BANNED

Post by guess101 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:21 pm

Well this is pretty interesting to see " CR001 " user who blocked many user for no reason is now contributing to other topics.

for your information CR001. for some people this is most important step of their life. its easy to give lectures and block people but when their life is on stake its not easy to wait.

people were sharing their good and bad time with each other and thanks millions to each other. you stopped everything in min because only you had problem with that.

Now its interesting to see how you are writing to other topics urself :lol:

so let people share their problems they cant share it with anyone else what a big pain is this. many people got good friends bcoz of sharing their problems and you banned people without thinking about anyone.

you must be sorry for that act but you wont be i am sure.
just giving my opinion. if it makes you feel bad. i have no problem in saying sorry to you.