ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

orlince
Newly Registered

FLR(M) to ILR

Post by orlince » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:06 am

Good Morning

I have a question regarding my wife’s FLR(M) visa. I am putting my relevant detail’s as follows:

1: I am British national who came in UK 2004 as a student.

2: My wife currently has FLR(M) visa from 2015 for 2 years, before she was on depended visa on me from 2008.

My question is what type of visa she need to apply for now. her visa will be due end of this year.

Many thanks’ for reading

It will be very helpful for me anyone can provide any advice.

Best regard’s

Orline

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) to ILR

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:14 am

Your wife will have to submit another FLR(M) visa which will grant her 2.5 years needed to complete 5 years of residence for ILR. Her immigration clock was re-set to zero when she switched from her dependant visa to spouse.

This is unless she reaches 10 years for long residence combining all legal leave before the 5 year period has been completed. From your post this appears to be in 2018.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

orlince
Newly Registered

Post by orlince » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:17 am

Casa wrote: Casa
Thank you so much for your kind reply.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:24 am

orlince wrote:
Casa wrote: Casa
Thank you so much for your kind reply.
You're welcome.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.