ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa to permanent???

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gktssm82
United Kingdom

Visitor visa to permanent???

Post by gktssm82 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:53 pm

Hi gurus,

Some of you might not like my question but i would wanna ask it for my brother. I am soon to be a british citizen and have well paid job. I have a brother in Pakistan and he is a skilled guy. I wanna bring him here on visitor visa and then him to find some work and start suporting his family back home. Is there anyway to make this possible from visitor to work??

(I know that he cant work on visitor visa)

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visitor visa to permanent???

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:59 pm

No. Any person entering the UK on a visitor visa is not permitted to switch to any other category of leave to remain. He would need to find a sponsor for a Tier 2 General on the HO approved sponsor list and apply for a Tier 2 General visa from Pakistan, provided his potential sponsor has conducted the full and proper RLMT process etc.

Your status in the UK is irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.